Illinois Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still not released, guess have to wait till after christmas. Surprisingly since seemed Illinois was one of the first i heard last year

looks like the state has started uploading FE license numbers to their database. About 40 have been added since yesterday.

To anyone who did not pass this time be encouraged......I will share my story......I first took this exam several years after I graduated from college. The EIT was open book when I first took it :eek:ldtimer: (sometime back in the 90s). I was unsuccessful but did not need an EIT certification for my career at that time so I did not bother taking it again.

2 years ago I got a new job and passing the EIT is MANDATORY within 3 years or you will be TERMINATED!

Just before the start of my 2nd year on the job after much preparation I discovered that the deadline to file for the exam here in California had passed. :eek:hmy: I began checking all the Engineering boards across the country to see if I could sit for the exam in a different state. I discovered Illinois had a much later deadline so I submitted my application to take the exam in Chicago in April 2010. I few in to O'hare on a friday and took the exam for my 2nd attempt on the following day. Result??? :Failed:

With my 3 year clock running down I took a two week vacation from work 2 weeks prior to the October 2010 exam. I decided to fly into Chicago on Wednesday so I could adjust to the time difference (2 hours earlier) get away from the distractions at home and hopefully be well rested for this exam. Result??? :pASSED2:

I am still nervous because the CTS site says "Official test results will be mailed by CTS subject to licensor approval". I don't think I will be able to totally relax until I have my results in hand.

Does anyone know how it will take before the official notices get mailed. I need to submit the notice to my employer ASAP. I will get an immediate promotion (5.9% increase in pay) once I submit proof of passing.

I have been on an involuntary furlough (36 hour work week) for 1.5 years. Working 36 hours per week has reduced my income 10%.

To those that were unsuccessful don't give up.

Does anyone know how it will take before the official notices get mailed. I need to submit the notice to my employer ASAP. I will get an immediate promotion (5.9% increase in pay) once I submit proof of passing.
I have been on an involuntary furlough (36 hour work week) for 1.5 years. Working 36 hours per week has reduced my income 10%.

To those that were unsuccessful don't give up.
if you submitted your application to the state before the test, I would say you can expect the license before the passing letter from CTS...they are super slow with the snail mail.

i just got my results from CTS in the mail. They said be about 4 weeks to get my EI license once i send them all my information.

I received my results from CTS in the mail yesterday also and I am all the way out here in California.

To anyone who did not pass this time be encouraged......I will share my story......I first took this exam several years after I graduated from college. The EIT was open book when I first took it :eek:ldtimer: (sometime back in the 90s). I was unsuccessful but did not need an EIT certification for my career at that time so I did not bother taking it again.
2 years ago I got a new job and passing the EIT is MANDATORY within 3 years or you will be TERMINATED!

Just before the start of my 2nd year on the job after much preparation I discovered that the deadline to file for the exam here in California had passed. :eek:hmy: I began checking all the Engineering boards across the country to see if I could sit for the exam in a different state. I discovered Illinois had a much later deadline so I submitted my application to take the exam in Chicago in April 2010. I few in to O'hare on a friday and took the exam for my 2nd attempt on the following day. Result??? :Failed:

With my 3 year clock running down I took a two week vacation from work 2 weeks prior to the October 2010 exam. I decided to fly into Chicago on Wednesday so I could adjust to the time difference (2 hours earlier) get away from the distractions at home and hopefully be well rested for this exam. Result??? :pASSED2:

I am still nervous because the CTS site says "Official test results will be mailed by CTS subject to licensor approval". I don't think I will be able to totally relax until I have my results in hand.
Wow...that is hard core. Congratulations.

Back