so what's everyone's job?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Design and Draw up plans for something that will not be built according to those plans
That is why we had to develop a new MIL spec, MIL-TFP41, it stands for "Make it like the F'in print 4 once!"

I'm an engineering intern in lighting ... looking for work and juggling projects.

CAE Engineer. I perform structural analysis of powertrain mounts. I was a designer in the aerospace defense industry at my last job. I don't find cars to be as exciting as fighter jets unfortunately.

Once I finish training, I'll be a maintenance engineer once again. At least that's the best-fit corporate title. I'll really be Jack-of-all-trades engineer. :D

Yay! Engineer brain to be used once again!

CAE Engineer. I perform structural analysis of powertrain mounts. I was a designer in the aerospace defense industry at my last job. I don't find cars to be as exciting as fighter jets unfortunately.
location michigan, im guessing this is a ford type thing?

for the past 6 years i was a pm for a small general contractor in chicago and i ran a bunch of small jobs anywhere from 50k to 5M in value. mostly schools and gov't jobs. mostly mech and electrical upgrades as well as some basic ada stuff. mostly what i really did was babysit for carpenters, electrcians, tinners and fitters.

just got a new job a month ago working for the nations' third largest telecom provider, do end of life analysis on their critical infrastructure, MEP assets. its better.

HVAC, plumbing and fire protection consultant. My firm provides design documentation for anything from a 1,500 ton chiller plant to relocating a single hole bathroom. I play some role in most every job that comes through the door, so I get to see alot of different types of projects. I think the most appropriate title is Engineering Manager, but I still do 60-70% of the drafting around here and about 60% of the design.

Teach Facilities Management for the Navy. Used to be Deputy Public Works Officer for a smallish base with ~$15M facilties sustainment, ~$6M in utility bills, ~$2M in vehicle support, and another $7M in the other stuff it takes to run a small town.

Design and inspection of movable bridge (draw bridges) machinery. I also do strain gage testing on the bridges to determine their imbalance condition. I like it, I get to travel the country a bit but not so much that it interferes with spending time with friends/family, training martial arts or missing out on any church functions.

Controls Project Manager (HVAC). I'm the odd bird as my undergrad degree is Mechanical but I've been doing HVAC Controls my whole career.

Focusing on Data Centers

"Master of all he surveys" is usually how I'm described... ;)

Technically I'm Chief Engineer, R & D, designer, drafter, and paper stapler. Oh, and I usually make the coffee in the morning.

I work in the transportation industry figuring out how to couple confusing regulations and up to 25,000 pound of metal and turn it into something that people buy and make money with...

Hello Everyone. Newly joined the group. Very Excited to meet fellow Mechanical engineers. Looking forward to exchanging ideas. I works as a process design engineer, blow molding.

Back