California Dreamin

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So have you guys (who passed) :

1.) You betcha

2.) Yep, sent a couple of movie tickets and sealed the envelope with my stamp :)

3.) Yep, got a nice one off Amazon for $20 or so, fake wood, but looks alright with the matting. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001B0BBAQ/

4.) Thinking about how to ask for more money & time off, probably a discussion for next month when i meet with one of the big wigs out of town.

Still waiting on my full size certificate...I called the board last week and they said it was issued on the 21st and I should expect it within 2 weeks. She had no idea why there was a delay on mine!

Has anyone received a notice for license renewal? My license expiration date is March 31st, 2012 and the board did mention about notices being sent out 60 days prior the expiration date. Well it's been a little into the 60 day period, and I've received nothing so far. Just wondering did anyone else experienced something different.

Has anyone received a notice for license renewal? My license expiration date is March 31st, 2012 and the board did mention about notices being sent out 60 days prior the expiration date. Well it's been a little into the 60 day period, and I've received nothing so far. Just wondering did anyone else experienced something different.
I got my renewal notice today. You have to pay the delinquent fee if postmarked after 5/30/12 so there's no rush.

I got my renewal notice today. You have to pay the delinquent fee if postmarked after 5/30/12 so there's no rush.

Mine came too.

Does California require Continuing Education in order to renew our licenses? There wasn't anything mentioned on my renewal form, but I always hear engineers talking about having to complete CE credits for their license.

Does California require Continuing Education in order to renew our licenses? There wasn't anything mentioned on my renewal form, but I always hear engineers talking about having to complete CE credits for their license.
No, not in CA (at least at this time).

I finally received my wall certificate in the mail today. Seems like everyone else got theirs 2 months ago. Not sure what took CA so long...

From the pels_ca_gov site on license renewal information: "If you do not pay your renewal fee by the expiration date, your license will be considered expired. It is illegal to practice, offer to practice, or use any restricted titles with an expired license, including during the grace period." You can now renew by credit card, so you can get your payment in up to the last minute. If you pay by mail, it takes several weeks for them to credit it. This is what happened to me, but I got it in a bit in advance so it was credited before 03/31/12 and now shows 03/31/14 as the expiration date.

From the pels_ca_gov site on license renewal information: "If you do not pay your renewal fee by the expiration date, your license will be considered expired. It is illegal to practice, offer to practice, or use any restricted titles with an expired license, including during the grace period." You can now renew by credit card, so you can get your payment in up to the last minute. If you pay by mail, it takes several weeks for them to credit it. This is what happened to me, but I got it in a bit in advance so it was credited before 03/31/12 and now shows 03/31/14 as the expiration date.
SoCal, so you paid your renewal fee and have already received your new Pocket Certificate? I paid mine 4+ weeks ago and haven't received my new Cert. :worried:

SoCal, so you paid your renewal fee and have already received your new Pocket Certificate? I paid mine 4+ weeks ago and haven't received my new Cert. :worried:
contact them. i paid and got my new pocket card within 2-3 weeks.

I haven't received anything from them, however the license lookup shows my date extended and my bank account has been debitted. Therefore, despite lacking a piece of paper, my license is not set to expire at the end of the month.

Ahhh..... thanks SoCal. I didn't even think of that. I just checked and I am good.

Expiration Date:

March 31, 2014

Thanks for the tip. :)

Back