MLB 2012 Discussion

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Call me when the Mets reach the playoffs (on your space phone, because that's how long it will take.)

I am. Made it out to the Brewers home opener against St. Louis this weekend. Too bad the Brewers got killed though. Either way, good weather and glad to be watching baseball again.

Also can't wait for football season. It's going to be an interesting one.

I am but I need a little while to get over March Madness. I'm still basking in the glow of a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP TROPHY!!!

^^^ One that will most likely be vacated within the next 5 years...

I'm looking forward to taking my son to a few more games this year. I really don't follow baseball that much, although I will do a little scoreboard/standings watching to see how the Rockies are doing (typically not very good, but still better than the Mets).

^^^ Mets 3-0, Yankees 0-3...

Edit: Boston 0-3 as well. It's a good start to the season.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am but I need a little while to get over March Madness. I'm still basking in the glow of a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP TROPHY!!!
Yeah, I need a little while to get over my predicted Final Four and title game being all picked correctly and losing in the pool because I picked Kansas and not Kentucky. That f#&%ing Super Bowl still isn't sitting well with me either.

^ It never will. How do you think Brady feels? It might very well be the Pats last chance.

Oh well, at least we got a few championships. Growing up in NE I thought that would never happen. Baseball is too long of a season to get excited just yet. Go Stanley Cup playoffs.

How do you think Brady feels?
Not sure...

228045-bradying.jpg

First things first, GFY for posting that. This thread is supposed to make me miserable about baseball, I'm already miserable about football.

But yeah I had the same reaction as Mr. Bundchen there. I was in NY at the time and snuck back to MA under the cover of darkness, mostly because it was February and I left at 4 AM. And I lost a bet to my mother, which is never a good thing.

Hey the Mets are 4-0. If baseball's regular season was a best of 7, I'd be throwing confetti in the Canyon of Heroes this morning. My real hope for the season is that the team gets sold to someone who isn't financially insolvent. Though I have to give them some credit, they've developed a few talented players in house recently - Davis, Murphy, Duda, Turner, Niese, Parnell, etc. I don't think any of them scream Hall of Fame, but a good crop of young players is at least a good sign.

I'm moving in a few weeks and will be close to a minor league team. That's the way to go. Free parking, $10 gets you a seat behind the plate in the front row, a bunch of guys trying like hell, shlocky promotions, and no emotional strings attached if they lose.

Last edited by a moderator:
My boss got a box for the Kannapolis Intimidators (single A team) and will be going back frequently this year. I made sure to buy the souvenir cup, because its permanent $2 refills all season, regardless of beer type (and they have Sam Adams, Fat Tire, Yuengling, etc.)

Reverse VTE's statement for the Detroit teams. Our baseball team chokes at the last minute and the football team, well, it's the Lions.

Back