Practice Problems for the FE-CIVIL CBT Exam by Indranil Goswami

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

civilized_naah

Reaction score
[SIZE=8.5pt]Nearly 500 practice problems from all 18 subject areas of the FE –CIVIL examination[/SIZE]

[SIZE=8.5pt]Now available on Amazon ISBN-13: 978-1495214288[/SIZE]

[SIZE=8.5pt]437 pages List Price $79.95 [/SIZE]

[SIZE=8.5pt]Effective January 2014, the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exams are drastically different. The new format, to be delivered via CBT (computer based testing), will become the norm in 2014. The exam can be taken throughout the year, unlike the twice a year schedule. The syllabus for the new FE CIVIL exam is very different from the one you would have taken if you took the paper test (last one October 2013). The test will now have approximately 5 hours and 20 minutes available for approximately 110 questions. In the past, AM questions were of the 2 minute variety and PM questions were of the 4 minute variety. Now, you have about 3 minutes per question. So, the average pace of the exam is about the same. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=8.5pt]This book has a mix of approximately 500 questions as recommended in the official syllabus (www.ncees.org). The only reference that should be used is the FE Reference Handbook, 9th edition, preferably the electronic (PDF) version, since the CBT exam will be supported by a PDF version of the handbook rather than a hardcopy. This book contains questions from Mathematics, Probability & Statistics, Computational Methods, Ethics, Engineering Economics, Statics, Dynamics, Mechanics of Materials, Materials, Fluid Mechanics, Hydraulics & Hydrology, Environmental Engineering, Construction, Geotechnical Engineering, Surveying, Structural Analysis, Structural Design & Transportation.[/SIZE]

I have received direct purchase requests for this book (and the other 2 books) from some folks. The best price for these books is at AMAZON. I do not have any copies on hand and I believe Amazon would be able to ship them faster anyway.

Back