which on-demand class is great?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JunZ

Reaction score
Hi all, I am wondering which CA on-demand seismic/survey class is a good choice? I am living in China Lake a remote location from civilization in California, so it is hard for me to drive to any City. ( 3 hours to LA, 3 hours to Fresno, 3 hours to Vegas).

for national exam, EET-California and School of PE, which one is better?

for Seismic review, EET-California and Hiner?

I have read a few reviews here and different ppl have their own preferences on EET, School of PE and Hiner, so I am not sure which one is better for California exam?

V/r

You get my endorsement for EET. This is based on knowing the owner, Dr. I., and his sincere commitment to his students, as well as having several friends who have taken and been successful with EET.

Good luck.

For Seismic I have NOTHING but amazing things to say about EET for the same reasons as above. The web-based class was easy to learn from and Dr. Ibrahim is an amazing instructor who truly wants every student to learn and understand everything.

I am going through Hiner's on demand and I really like the way he covers the seismic content. I think that Hiner's on demand is definitely good for someone who has limited seismic knowledge. I know you stated that you're far from major cities, but Reza Mahallati is really good for surveying. He only instructs in person though and you would probably have to stay in a hotel. Just putting my two cents in...

I'm taking the EET (Dr. Ibrahim) Seismic course now for the Oct/Nov exams (my test is Nov 5) and I've got nothing but good things to say about the class. He spends a ton of time on the materials and the class and will spend plenty of time meeting/talking with you personally for any questions that you have on the material. I think he also does a good job of letting you know during the lectures what material is something that is often tested on the exam, how the questions might be asked, and what material he has included for reference, but that isn't really something you need to worry about for the test. Lots of practice problems and exams, too.

update:

I took the EET seismic, and I passed the test.

I had online review with one vendor here, but I failed.

Im so mad. I thought i passed the seismic but i failed both and surveying. I only passed the 8 hr. I used hiner notes and mansour for surveying. can you recommend me different way to pass both of them? i live outside CA so i cant attend live seminars......so please advice

take EET online review, its good. IMO, hiner's book has better format than EET, but EET online class helps me alot.

Does the course help with the construction or transportation depth? I was thinking about taking the construction or transportation depth but have no experience in either topic.

Back