Complex imaginary test 3, problem #76

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

genie17

Reaction score
Can someone please explain why there is no sqrt(3) used in the answer for this question? I thought that the power for a 3 phase motor is expressed as S=sqrt(3)VI regardless of the connection type (delta or wye) but the solution is listed as S=VI. What am I missing here?

For people who don't have the question it is "what is the line current of a delta-connected, 3-phase, 1325 kva, 2.4 kv inductive load?"

Thanks.

Can someone please explain why there is no sqrt(3) used in the answer for this question? I thought that the power for a 3 phase motor is expressed as S=sqrt(3)VI regardless of the connection type (delta or wye) but the solution is listed as S=VI. What am I missing here?

For people who don't have the question it is "what is the line current of a delta-connected, 3-phase, 1325 kva, 2.4 kv inductive load?"

Thanks.
You are right....complex imaginary is wrong when I bought the books for the first time they have a bunch of errors like that. If you bought the revision for this april exam looks that they havent fix that error.

Back