Free Resources - Would they be useful for the exam?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used the NIOSH Pocket Guide for a question. I haven't used any of the other resources before so I'm not sure about those.

Thanks for the posts. I ordered a free copy of the NIOSH Pocket Guide to Chemical Hazards. Not sure what kind of questions to expect the guide to be useful for but at least it was free. If anyone knows which OSHA standards are musts for the exam, that would be great. Thanks

I believe the question I had was related to chemical and physical properties of a particular substance, or maybe chemical incompatibility, although my memory is pretty fuzzy.

If your company has a copy of the entire OSHA regs, I'd throw that in with your books. I had one OSHA question and it was a gimme if you do any work with hazardous waste sites. I didn't need to actually look at the regulation to answer, and it was in the EERM anyways. I kind of doubt they would include any that you have to look up in the full set of regs but it doesn't hurt to have with you just in case.

I have some of my personal notes that I can share with someone who didn't pass.

The way I did it was anytime while doing practice problems when I ran across "According to 29 CFR XXX..." I'd print out that section of the regs and stuff it in a binder. Worked for me.

Back