Mechanical - Fail Scores - Arpil 2011 - Diagnostic Reports - xx/80

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abourne

Reaction score
For those who took the ME and failed, please post your fail score here. Trying to determine the highest fail score.

Please indicate:

* TF

* MD

* HVAC

--------------------

My score was:

TF - 40/80

Gents,

Texas Mechanical Systems and materials. Failed :

Score: 44/80.

Percenatge : 68%.

Can anyone please tell me how many more correct questions and I would have made it.

Really disappointed.

It is really sad to hear that gaurav

that seems you just missed the exam with one or two mistakes

I remember we had similar performance on the exam and now my confidence is lowered again

MN does not give %. I found out I got 45/80. 30/40 in the morning yikes! 15/40 in the afternoon. Mechanical System and Materials. I thought I would pass. Afternoon really put me in the ditch. I guess I have to wait for April 2012.

Hey, guys ... I know how you feel. I had fail letters on PE 3 times. It sucked every time, especially in December right before Christmas.

Try to get over the disappointment and enjoy Christmas. Then, get organized to take the exam as soon as you can. Study hard and work problems. You can do it. Sounds like y'all were close. Don't give up. I passed on my 4th attempt. I'm cheering for you.

looks like 46/80 is a pass for MD
Does that mean I was off by 1 question? Thats cruel!
44/80 on MD shows as a 68%. If 45 is still a fail, I am guessing it shows as a 69%. Did anything you have say 69%? A weighted 70% is a pass, so unfortunately, I am thinking you are off by 1. I should get my result by mail today.
MN does not give overall percentage. It provides percentage of individual category and correct anwers. Then it compares with dotted line to solid line. If 44/80 is 68%,45/80 must be 69. I guess I am a 69er. I got 30/40 in the morning and 15/40 in the afternoon. I thought I had at least 20/40 in the afternoon. Should I ask to re-check the score? History tells nobody's score has turned into pass from fail.

looks like 46/80 is a pass for MD
Does that mean I was off by 1 question? Thats cruel!
44/80 on MD shows as a 68%. If 45 is still a fail, I am guessing it shows as a 69%. Did anything you have say 69%? A weighted 70% is a pass, so unfortunately, I am thinking you are off by 1. I should get my result by mail today.
MN does not give overall percentage. It provides percentage of individual category and correct anwers. Then it compares with dotted line to solid line. If 44/80 is 68%,45/80 must be 69. I guess I am a 69er. I got 30/40 in the morning and 15/40 in the afternoon. I thought I had at least 20/40 in the afternoon. Should I ask to re-check the score? History tells nobody's score has turned into pass from fail.
I remember another thread within this forum that indicated that no one has heard of someone changing their scores after a re-check.

Failed third time... last two times ME systems and mat with a score of 44/80

Dbosk,

Read the second post on this thread (http://engineerboards.com/index.php?showtopic=3206), it will give you tips from people who passed after failing multiple times. I also took the ME systems and mat last october and thought I failed (lucky I passed)....don't give up. Read from other people's experience, it will give you the motivation to continue, you are not alone.

Good Luck and keep working hard!!! :p10940623:

Back