I'm looking for an "engineeringvideos.net" review

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matt267 PE

"1000000 warning points" Club Member
Reaction score
Who has used engineeringvideos.net to prepare for the PE? I'm wondering what your thoughts are.

Did you find the videos useful?

How did you incorporate the videos into your preparation?

Do you think it helped you pass the PE?

Was it worth your time?

Would you subscribe again if you had to.

Thanks

The problems are pretty good practice. I subscribed for a few months, I am not sure how representative the problems are of the exam. The guy also goes overboard a little on the solutions as if he is trying to impresses us, such as using newtons method to iterate and differentiate complex equations, where no way you would have time to do all that stuff...better just use a little common sense and use the possible solutions as trial values. His voice gets pretty grating after awhile too.

^ were you able to get through all the videos in the couple months that you subscribed?

Yes, there are five main topics (structural, geo, hyd, etc) and each topic has several subtopics (steel, concrete, permeability, etc), with each subtopic having maybe five videos.

So at $5/month for a few months it's not a huge investment. I think I might do it to help me get started in studying.

Thanks for your input gooch.

Back