Applying to take PE Exam in NJ - EIT from another State

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adair1492

Reaction score
Hello,

I am working on my application to take the PE Exam in October 2014 in New Jersey. I have a Master's Degree plus 4 years of experience, but my EIT is from Georgia. The website for NJ indicates that there is a form that the Georgia board needs to fill out, but it doesn't give any details about the form. Here are my questions:

- Does the form need to be submitted before I can send in my application?

- Will they send me the form after I submit my application? There is a link on the website but when you click on it, it says "page not found".

- Do they send it directly to the state board or am I responsible for that?

I have all of the other pieces of my application ready, but this is driving me crazy!

Thanks.

I would call the NJ board personally with your questions. They don't call it the "People's Republic of NJ" for nothing.

I had a similar problem in Kansas, their materials said use the form, but the form had been pulled down. I think many states are moving to an e-verify system through NCEES. It's quick and painless (and free). Can't hurt to give it a shot, but the state board should confirm that is what they need.

https://verify.ncees.org/

I would call the NJ board personally with your questions. They don't call it the "People's Republic of NJ" for nothing.
Don't expect any real useful feedback when calling them. And make sure that you apologize for interrupting day to handle your call.

Back