Why is the take-home exam so hard?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maskdmirag

Reaction score
I know people are going to laugh, but I managed to pass the Transportation PE in california, but I did not do the Take-home exam. (I figured I had no shot at passing so I would put it off)

I spent Two Hours sunday night combing the Board Rules and Professional engineers act, and still am not sure about a number of questions. I printed them out and read through them today and still many questions and answers seem ambiguous, and some I just can not find any reference to at all.

Do I just say screw it and send in what I have an hope for the best, or do I wrack my mind trying again and again to answer these stupid questions?

If I send it in and get mroe than 7 wrong it just emans i have to re-take the take-home portion, but that will delay my license and thus my bonus that much longer.

I know people are going to laugh, but I managed to pass the Transportation PE in california, but I did not do the Take-home exam. (I figured I had no shot at passing so I would put it off)
I spent Two Hours sunday night combing the Board Rules and Professional engineers act, and still am not sure about a number of questions. I printed them out and read through them today and still many questions and answers seem ambiguous, and some I just can not find any reference to at all.

Do I just say screw it and send in what I have an hope for the best, or do I wrack my mind trying again and again to answer these stupid questions?

If I send it in and get mroe than 7 wrong it just emans i have to re-take the take-home portion, but that will delay my license and thus my bonus that much longer.
I'm not going to laugh, because I also thought that it was not trivial. The "Plain Language" book is anything but plain language. I'd say just do the best you can and send it in.

The test is no joke; it is not meant to be easy. I thought it was somewhat difficult, in the sense that not all the answers were straight forward from reference material. My advise: try to do your best on all the questions and turn it. That was what I did and I was slightly surprised I passed.

Okay, I'm going to laugh. LOL. But not because you guys felt it was hard, but because I also thought it was not a piece of cake.

I thought the ethics exam I had to take for the application to take the PE exam was tough! I think I spent more time on that than I did the actual exam! So no...I don't think anyone will laugh. Just do the best you can and turn it in.

Back