NCEES Practice Problems

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HI everyone, I am a new member. I am hoping to take the Environmental Engineering Exam this coming October if my application gets accepted. I heard about the new format for Environmental Engineering starting this April. I have copies of previous NCEES practice PE Environmental study material. I checked their website and they have a new practice PE Environmental study material in line with the revised format. I am deciding if I will buy the practice PE Environmental study material. Has anyone purchased the practice PE Environmental study material? If yes, how helpful is this material compared to the older versions? Thanks. RJ

If you're serious about passing the exam, I'd get the new one. The NCEES material is the only stuff that will let you see exactly what the real test will be like. The PPI stuff is good for practice, but it's not the same as the actual NCEES test questions.

Plus the more realistic sample problems that you can work between now and the exam, the better. That's 100 more...

If you're serious about passing the exam, I'd get the new one. The NCEES material is the only stuff that will let you see exactly what the real test will be like. The PPI stuff is good for practice, but it's not the same as the actual NCEES test questions.

I could not agree more. The NCEES test questions are the same type that you will see in exam. Buy the new one (few more problems added).

Does anyone know how many of the questions are the same and how many are different between the 2004 and 2011 editions of the NCEES book:

PE Environmental Sample Questions and Solutions

I don't know if there is any point in buying the 2011 edition.

Does anyone know how many of the questions are the same and how many are different between the 2004 and 2011 editions of the NCEES book:
PE Environmental Sample Questions and Solutions

I don't know if there is any point in buying the 2011 edition.
I would say 80-85 questions are the same. I would suggest you to buy the new one.

I recommend to buy the new version...I have the old one and decided to buy the new one just in case.

Back