Advice - FP Exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WIFP

Reaction score
I am in the process of choosing between the Mechanical HVAC and FP exam. I am looking for any input everyone has on the FP exam and HVAC exam. I work with automatic FP systems but I am lacking on the fire dynamics, special, egress portions which I believe is a major portion of the exam, and I cant find much for study material/tests. Does anyone have examples of good books to study and have somewhere I can get pretests? or is it mostly knowing NFPA sections. What types of calculations are there on the FP exam? Any advice everyone can give would really help me make my decision.

Meyers book was very helpful and worth $$. At min take TVSFPE equation sheet.

SFPE class is almost a requirement.

According to their figures, 85% + who take the prep class pass/< 10% pass without class.

Id scored 50/51 on previous exams without class, M.E background good amount of study.

Class had some of the same easter eggs id found on previous exams.  Some of the presentations were pretty poor tho.

Meyers book was very helpful and worth $$. At min take TVSFPE equation sheet.
Which book is that?

can you post a title or link to purchase the book?

also I am curious how you get required experience and references to sit in FPE exam if all I have been doing is just HVAC?

meyerfire.com/  Book was under $150.

If you work at an AE, the electrical group usually does Fire Alarm...you might could start there.

Id start with the codes; 13, 30,72, 101 should be second nature.

Back