Free Study Material Created

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bruceceng

Reaction score
While studying for the PE exam in chemical engineering, I was unimpressed at the quality vs cost of the available practice problems. After passing the exam, I set out to write a better, and currently free, set of practice problems. It turns out that writing these problems is more time consuming than I had anticipated. Here is a work in progress of some practice problems for the chemical PE exam. Feel free to download them for personal use. You may not redistribute them.

http://bruceeng.com/Problems.pdf

Hopefully I will get the time & motivation to write a full set of 80 problems at some point in the future.

Very nice. I am planning on using these as additional study materials for the upcoming October exam.

I would love to see more problems if you get them done it time.

Thanks

So I've studying for the PE and came across your study guide. When I worked out the problem and reached a different answer, I looked through the solution and found a (what I believe to be) a discrepancy. I assume that you added reaction equations 1 and 2 to reach equation 3. Can you verify that the coefficient in equation 3 is 4*H2 (I believe it should be 6*H2)? If not, then can you explain how you reached reaction equation 3?

Please let me know as this is really burning a hole in me right now. Many thanks!

Back