Exam start time vs "report to exam" time

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marysaurus

Reaction score
This is probably a stupid question, but my exam authorization says to report to the exam site at 7AM. Is that when the doors open, or the actual exam start time?

I think I'm more worried about the logistics of getting into exam than I am about the exam itself. :blowup:

Don't be late. They had us arrive at 7:15 and they

Spent 30 - 45 min getting us seated and reading instructions. I think we were released around 6:00 PM for an 8 hr exam.

Don't be late. They had us arrive at 7:15 and they

Spent 30 - 45 min getting us seated and reading instructions. I think we were released around 6:00 PM for an 8 hr exam.
Thanks. I'll definitely be early, mostly just don't want to be HOURS too early like I was for my FE exam back in the day.

Just make sure you show up on Friday. When I took my FE I remember a guy asking where the line was for the PE exam and when he learned it was on Friday he looked like he was going to puke!

Just make sure you show up on Friday. When I took my FE I remember a guy asking where the line was for the PE exam and when he learned it was on Friday he looked like he was going to puke!
then he wasn't meant to pass anyway.

Harsh. One small mistake in planning and he deserves to fail? I get what you're saying, but I could see that happening to a lot of people!

Harsh. One small mistake in planning and he deserves to fail? I get what you're saying, but I could see that happening to a lot of people!

The PE exam is one of the biggest, most important tests an engineer will take. It's something you plan for and anticipate months in advance. Getting the day wrong is not a small mistake at all.

He either didn't care about it or is one of those people who may be smart but constantly spaced out.

The PE exam is one of the biggest, most important tests an engineer will take. It's something you plan for and anticipate months in advance. Getting the day wrong is not a small mistake at all.

He either didn't care about it or is one of those people who may be smart but constantly spaced out.
this

I know what I would say when I got back to the office on Monday - "That exam kicked my ASS! There is no way I passed. I guess I'm taking again in six months........"

No way would I ever admit I went on the wrong day........

Happenned to me in Oct. '13. Also happenned to a former co-worker. Same test, both thought it was Saturday even though we hadn't prepared together or spoken in the months leading up to the exam. I know I saw it somewhere but it doesn't matter. No point doing a post mortem, just swallow the pill and sign up for the next one. I wonder if that $250 donation to NCEES is tax deductible....

and BTW... except for my wife and anonymous people on the interwebs, co-workers and family DID hear the "It kicked my ass" line.

Back