How to stay motivated?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crunchercrunch

Reaction score
I've been for the April Electronics PE exam for a couple of months now, and I feel like if I took my exam right now, I would have a good chance of passing. I have mastered about 80% of questions/topics presented in the NCEES sample exam, and I don't feel like the other 20% is worth the time. For the last week and a half, whenever I hit the books at night, I zone out REALLY quickly and lose focus immediately and find myself having wasted yet another fifteen minutes.

Obviously this is a classic case of the rabbit vs turtle. How do I motivate myself to put in more time? And suggestions?

I wouldn't rely solely on the NCEES sample exam as an indicator of your readiness for the real exam. The level of difficulty of the NCEES sample exam tends to be lower than that of the actual PE exam. Seek out a PE exam reference manual in your engineering discipline and work as many of those problems as you can. Also, obtain other practice exams in your engineering discipline and master them as well.

Take a real break...tell yourself "I'm not studying for 3 days." Then hit the books again. You'll do fine.

I wouldn't rely solely on the NCEES sample exam as an indicator of your readiness for the real exam. The level of difficulty of the NCEES sample exam tends to be lower than that of the actual PE exam. Seek out a PE exam reference manual in your engineering discipline and work as many of those problems as you can. Also, obtain other practice exams in your engineering discipline and master them as well.

ok will do! thank you!

Take a real break...tell yourself "I'm not studying for 3 days." Then hit the books again. You'll do fine.

that is an awesome suggestion. thanks!

In my experience the NCEES sample exam was similar to the actual exam. It could also vary based off of personal experience/background as well.

The only practice test I studied was the NCESS and I ended up passing first try.

Back