Reference book? CA Environ PE

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yaofu

Reaction score
I did a little research myself, but apparently I am not confident to say, OK, these books will get me pass the exam. Would you take a look at and tell me what other materials I may need, or do I have too many books already? I will take the Water Resources and Environmental for afternoon.

Surveying Principles for Civil Engineers by ppi

Seismic Design Review (IBC 2009, ASCE 7-05) by Steve Hiner

Civil Engineering Reference Manual for the PE Exam (CERM12) by Lindeburg

Practice Problems for the Civil Engineering PE Exam (CEPP12) by Lindeburg

NCEES PE Civil: Water Resources and Environmental Sample Questions & Solutions (NCPECW) by NCEES

Six-Minute Solutions for Civil PE Exam Water Resources and Environmental Problems (SXCWE)

Do I need to buy a QUICK REFERENCE? I assume I need to buy IBC 2009 and ASCE 7-05 separately as well. Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks for your inputs.

I did a little research myself, but apparently I am not confident to say, OK, these books will get me pass the exam. Would you take a look at and tell me what other materials I may need, or do I have too many books already? I will take the Water Resources and Environmental for afternoon.
Surveying Principles for Civil Engineers by ppi

Seismic Design Review (IBC 2009, ASCE 7-05) by Steve Hiner

Civil Engineering Reference Manual for the PE Exam (CERM12) by Lindeburg

Practice Problems for the Civil Engineering PE Exam (CEPP12) by Lindeburg

NCEES PE Civil: Water Resources and Environmental Sample Questions & Solutions (NCPECW) by NCEES

Six-Minute Solutions for Civil PE Exam Water Resources and Environmental Problems (SXCWE)

Do I need to buy a QUICK REFERENCE? I assume I need to buy IBC 2009 and ASCE 7-05 separately as well. Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks for your inputs.
A lot of people knock it but I'd say the quick reference book for the CERM is really nice to have. I've used it plenty while working practice problems and it's a lot better than trying to flip through our big CERM. I got it as part of the bundle I bought from ppi for water resources. As far as having a ton of books, the last 5 guys at my job all passed on their first attempt. They all say the same thing. All we need is the CERM. But we need to know it well.

Back