Goswami or Hoel & Garber

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jla14

Reaction score
I have to sit for the exam, again...looking for an additional resource and have read good things about both htese references - any thoughts? I will be taking Civil/Transpo..Thanks

I have to sit for the exam, again...looking for an additional resource and have read good things about both htese references - any thoughts? I will be taking Civil/Transpo..Thanks
Hoel & Garber is great for the PM. I suggest you also acquire the teacher's solution manual with the text.

If you are taking the Transportation Depth, I recommend both. Goswami's book is so concise in a good way and the example are easy to understand. The CERM will no doubt be your guide to passing the PE but Goswami's will be just as helpful. Good luck.

For what it is worth, I passed with only the All-In-One by Goswami and not the Hoel&Garber book. However, it does seem like you are comparing apples and oranges, no? Goswami = general review of all PE exam topics and Hoel&Garber = specific review of transpo. Good luck.

For what it is worth, I passed with only the All-In-One by Goswami and not the Hoel&Garber book. However, it does seem like you are comparing apples and oranges, no? Goswami = general review of all PE exam topics and Hoel&Garber = specific review of transpo. Good luck.
I took Goswami's course. THe book comes with it. Yes it was loot,but money well spent. This was my 2nd time taking it (Civil -Trans). It was night and day how I felt after the exam. Tons of problems. THe lectures were good. He email everything to you as well, so if you missed a lecture it was in your in box no later than the next morning. I think for each discipline he gave us 20+ AM type questions and 20+ PM type questions. At the end of the course he gave us an exam with the PM being the are we signed up for.

Honestly I think I cracked the AI1 book open for the majority of the problems that I needed to figure out how to do it, or check my work.

THe way I studied was I would do a problem and then find out where that section was in his book and the CERM. Tab it and move on the to the next one. I had done some many problems that I had to consolidate tabs.

If you do decide to sign up for his course please use me as your reference. [email protected]

Back