Can anyone provide a review for this 'CA Special CE Exam Simulation Software 1,000 Questions'?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ptatohed

Licenced to Spell
Reaction score
Has anyone purchased and used this software? Click here for link. FYI, it's actually cheaper through Amazon since shipping is free.

I was thinking about purchasing it but I'd like to hear some feedback first. Personally, I am solely interested in the Seismic Exam portion of this software, as I have already passed the Survey Exam.

My reservations are as follows:

If this CD was published in 2011, then why do the problems reference the 2006 IBC/2007 CBC instead of the 2009 IBC/2010 CBC? I have e-mailed customer support three times now over three weeks with no response. Is it still worth getting if we know the codes are outdated?

If the simulation software covers both Survey and Seismic, why is the sample exam and screen shots on the website exclusively of Surveying?!! Come on, show examples of both topics! I'd like to see some samples of their Seismic problems before ordering. I asked this in my e-mail to customer service - no response.

Are the sample exam questions in this software printable? It might seem weird taking a practice test on a computer.

Thanks everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I guess no answer answers my question. No one on EB responded to my request for feedback and ATI customer support never responds to my e-mails. So, no 1,000 questions for me....

Has anyone purchased and used this software? Click here for link. FYI, it's actually cheaper through Amazon since shipping is free.
I was thinking about purchasing it but I'd like to hear some feedback first. Personally, I am solely interested in the Seismic Exam portion of this software, as I have already passed the Survey Exam.

If this CD was published in 2011, then why do the problems reference the 2006 IBC/2007 CBC instead of the 2009 IBC/2010 CBC? I have e-mailed customer support three times now over three weeks with no response. Is it still worth getting if we know the codes are outdated?

If the simulation software covers both Survey and Seismic, why is the sample exam and screen shots on the website exclusively of Surveying?!! Come on, show examples of both topics! I'd like to see some samples of their Seismic problems before ordering. I asked this in my e-mail to customer service - no response.

Are the sample exam questions in this software printable? It might seem weird taking a practice test on a computer.

Thanks everyone.

take a look http://peexamstudy.blogspot.com/2011/06/fr...cial-civil.html

it's a fraud. i was about to buy it too w/ my company's credit card. I am glad that I did google it before buying it...

Thanks everyone.

it's a fraud. i was about to buy it too w/ my company's credit card. I am glad that I did google it before buying it...

Good find CS. I was wondering why I didn't see any sample Seismic questions! That guy is funny - he starts off by telling us that he previously outright lied. But we are now supposed to believe him? lol

If the simulation software covers both Survey and Seismic, why is the sample exam and screen shots on the website exclusively of Surveying?!! Come on, show examples of both topics! I'd like to see some samples of their Seismic p

roblems before ordering. I asked this in my e-mail to customer service - no response.

Thanks everyone.

Good find CS. I was wondering why I didn't see any sample Seismic questions! That guy is funny - he starts off by telling us that he previously outright lied. But we are now supposed to believe him? lol
I bought the software for Surveying. It was a total hoax. Extremely basic basic basic.....questions. There were 1000 problems, but each problem was repeated 20 times at least.

A friendly response to patayduhead:

I am the owner of peexamstudy.blogspot.com. What I wrote is this:

Previously I have stated that I failed the special California seismic exam because I completely did not study. This fails to capture the truth. The truth is, I planned well in advance for my exam preparation.
The fact is, I did not study for the seismic exam. That is what I have always stated. In this post, I clarified events: I bought the bogus product mentioned in the ad. It had nothing to do with seismic engineering. So, I had no study materials other than the basic reference manuals, which I did review, tab, and familiarize myself with.

In the end, I did not study any problems, or take any practice seismic exams. That is why I failed.

I have not "completely lied". I did not even hedge a teency bit.

Have a good one,

MFM

NCEES exam

A friendly response to patayduhead:

I am the owner of peexamstudy.blogspot.com. What I wrote is this:

Previously I have stated that I failed the special California seismic exam because I completely did not study. This fails to capture the truth. The truth is, I planned well in advance for my exam preparation.
The fact is, I did not study for the seismic exam. That is what I have always stated. In this post, I clarified events: I bought the bogus product mentioned in the ad. It had nothing to do with seismic engineering. So, I had no study materials other than the basic reference manuals, which I did review, tab, and familiarize myself with.

In the end, I did not study any problems, or take any practice seismic exams. That is why I failed.

I have not "completely lied". I did not even hedge a teency bit.

Have a good one,

MFM

NCEES exam
Sorry I offended you so much. That was not my intention. At first glance, it looked like what you wrote was a contradiction.

Back