Test site logistics - how are you bringing your references?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foogoo

Reaction score
Does anyone know how the exam environment is, i.e. do we have ample desk space? Should we be prepared to work off the floor? Etc... I also noticed that the admission ticket for the Pomona site mentions that we will be shuttled from parking to the actual site. How is that supposed to work having a cratefull of materials?

I plan on bringing my references in a milkcrate on a hand dolly. Any reason that wouldn't be a good idea?

foo, I used Banker's boxes and a dolly, similar to you. That's a fine method. The desk space is decent. I kept the one or two books I was using at the moment on the desk and the others to my side in my box with the spine facing up. For Seismic and Survey, you don't need that many resources anyway. You don't need to use the "shuttle" (a golf cart from what I remember) but, if you do, make sure you are able to pick up your dolly/crates and keep them on your lap. The handle on my dolly was collapsible. Good luck.

foo, I used Banker's boxes and a dolly, similar to you. That's a fine method. The desk space is decent. I kept the one or two books I was using at the moment on the desk and the others to my side in my box with the spine facing up. For Seismic and Survey, you don't need that many resources anyway. You don't need to use the "shuttle" (a golf cart from what I remember) but, if you do, make sure you are able to pick up your dolly/crates and keep them on your lap. The handle on my dolly was collapsible. Good luck.
Great, thanks for the info. It's always nice to have less trivial matters to worry about on test day :) .

The tables are 8' and you share with one other person, there is plenty of room. I suggest you get there early, traffic can back up pretty good (they only open 1 lane to get in) so being late will add to the panic. It is a 10 min walk to the test room through the fairgrounds so add a little more time.

They usually have a couple of food trucks at lunch which are pretty good so you dont need to bring a lunch if you dont want to.

The tables are 8' and you share with one other person, there is plenty of room. I suggest you get there early, traffic can back up pretty good (they only open 1 lane to get in) so being late will add to the panic. It is a 10 min walk to the test room through the fairgrounds so add a little more time.

They usually have a couple of food trucks at lunch which are pretty good so you dont need to bring a lunch if you dont want to.
That's good to know. They are now forecasting rain for Wed-Fri. That's going to add to the excitement!

Back