ERRATA - Mike's Civil PE Exam Guide

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jayman_PE

Quid pro quo
Reaction score
Overall good book. Kind of a feel good prep for the AM Exam. I bought new this winter so I have the Revised printing. Here's what I found

• Page 58 - spelling/grammar ("is" should be "if".)
  • Page 32-22 - Step 4 for Solution to Problem 1. I belive that H, should be measured to the bottom of footing. The problem and solution show and calculate H from ground surface to top of footing pad, not bottom. With that being the case we do not have sufficient data to solve this problem.
  • Page 71 - Solution to Problem 30. I calculate hf = 234.7'. Might be a mis-calculation in solution.

I noticed that on pg. 59, solution to problem 18, Step 3. The value for L is written as 1500. The length (L) should be in stations, so L=15. This will give the correct R value of 0.266 as shown in the solution.

Quid: For the solution to problem 30 I kept coming up with 180.09 as shown in the solution after checking it a few times. Have you found anything further? Just curious.

Back