Exam Format

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moonprincess

Reaction score
Hello,

I've been reviewing a couple of the NCEES sample exams as well the 6-minute solutions for Construction PM questions. It seems that these questions are in the order of the NCEES guidelines.. i.e. earthwork, material take off/estimate, schedule.. etc.

Is this the case on the real exam? I want to make sure I organize my reference material in the best possible sequence.

Thanks!

[SIZE=medium]If I recall, the order of the questions was random. You may have a few groups of 2 or 3 questions in a row of the same type, but there did not seem to be any set order for when they will appear on the test.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]As long as your reference material is organized so that you know where to go for each type of question you will be fine.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium] [/SIZE]

The questions on the exam are random.

But you are correct the NCEES practice exam and most others follow the NCEES specifications sequence. I would organize your reference material according to discipline though (construction, geotech, structural, WR, Trans), and tab the Topic (Project Planning, Means and Methods, etc) and subtopic (Quantity Take off methods, Cost estimating, etc). This approach still follows the NCEES specs/guidelines but allows you to quickly move to section to section. Ex. If the problem has to do with Schedules - move right to the Construction book in Project Planning and find then find the tab labeled Project schedules.

It is easier to tab the CERM book this way too.

When I took the FE, there was actually a TOC that listed the topics and problem range ..... that was really sweet.

I have the same question. if the test is follow the ncees guild line order. I took the PE review class, and I was told the test was follow the ncees order. After I read this, I think I am confused.

Back