Good luck and do well

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KatyLied P.E.

The Alchemist.
Reaction score
Good luck to all the EE PE Exam test takers. The test is less than 2 days away but do not be anxious. Keep calm, be focused. Whether this is your first time or 10th time you can pass it. I took the test twice in the mid-90's and was unsuccessful. Got gun shy but finally buckled down down, studied, and passed the April 2014 exam. I am proof that even a 47 year old geezer can do it. For those about to take the test, I salute you.

Ya good luck. By now you should be stop studying and have all the materials packed and ready. Pack your lunch and enjoy a day off..you earned it..go watch a movie or something. Don't forget the exam authorization and bring ID...Leave your CELL in the car

Try to get at least 6 hours sleep..you will need it..also, bring Tylenol .

Ya good luck. By now you should be stop studying and have all the materials packed and ready. Pack your lunch and enjoy a day off..you earned it..go watch a movie or something. Don't forget the exam authorization and bring ID...Leave your CELL in the car

Try to get at least 6 hours sleep..you will need it..also, bring Tylenol
Sound advice. Bring an extra calculator. Just make sure the second also complies with the rules. WalMart, Staples, etc have plenty if you don't already have one.

hi guys,

I took the test yesterday and I am **** sure I got 53 correct and 19 wrong. Can the experts tell me what are the chances of me passing the exam?

thank you,

Panna

If you get 3 more right, you have passing score of 70. I also took the test and I found it challenging, not too much solving problems, plus the wording is quite different from example tests.

I just took the exam. I asked folks who took couple times before. They agree this time it was tougher than before. I was doing very till the exam day trying to beat 90%. Now I just hope to pass nothing more.

If you get 3 more right, you have passing score of 70. I also took the test and I found it challenging, not too much solving problems, plus the wording is quite different from example tests.
generally 70% is the passing score but no one actually know. I heard a few people get 56 and still failed. I think they have curve

good luck y'all

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you iwire, but exam was tough and not an standard exam.

if this is what they aiming next time i guess i need to one book for each topic and year of preparation :(

From what I understand there is a curve so to speak. after I took the April 2014 exam my wife, who is very familiar with standardized tests, dug deep into the NCEES site and confirmed as much. My puny EE brain finds the whole concept hard to comprehend. Having said that you'll go crazy trying to recall which questions were right or wrong. I thought April's test was fair but there are many ways it can trip you up. I second guessed for a week but finally squelched most of the anxiety. It's easy for me to say now but the work has been completed. Put the test in the back of your mind. Even though the exam was tough that doesn't meat you failed.

Back