Framed PE Cert?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MechE_in_PA_PE

Chief Injun Ear
Reaction score
So having received my PE cert recently, I'm thinking about framing it with some extra goodies (pencil, maybe calculator) and also having just received my seal and stamp, I was thinking about somehow incorporating them into my framed cert as well.

Has anyone done this before?

Also PA has a separate license that says to "display prominently"...anyone do a fancy framing job on this?...I'm thinking just a simple frame for now.

Yes thank you both, I've seen many of those great frame jobs, but....

My specific question is on incorporating an example of your seal/stamp as part of the certificate display.

Or if folks did anything fancy with their license (maybe not every state has this, but in PA we have a nice certificate, and a pink and blue license which is the official state document that is to be displayed prominently)

Ok, So I decided not to incorporate my seal / stamp and instead just opted for the pencil and calculator.

Many thanks to ptatohed, DanHalen, and the Worley exhibit for the ideas.
cut10_zps9aoy5rvz.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Started with $20 diploma / photo frame from Micheal's and cut out around the photo frame so the calculator would fit:

cut1_zps5gs7p95t.png

Then I cut out a space in the back so that the back could sit flush in the frame and have room for the shadow box

cut2_zpsv3pbujco.png

I then cut out two pieces of foam board to build the shadow box:

cut3_zpsuo2rmy2q.png

Building the shadow box:

cut4_zpsapyiotyt.png

cut5_zpsls8e94p5.png

cut6_zps5a2b3jti.png

cut7_zpscoqsxkmt.png

I used a 10-24 nut and washer and longer wood screws to bump out the frame hook.

cut8_zpsgqcs5dln.png

cut9_zpszc49uwdz.png

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks awesome! I opted for the simple frame but would be willing to send you my stuff to do mine! Haha

Back