EET helped me PASS the NCEES PE Exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OB-Passed2014

Reaction score
I normally don't do this but I feel strongly about the program that helped me pass the NCEES PE Exam (8 hour), Engineering, Education & Training (EET). I passed the seismic using Hiner, I passed the surveying using Reza combined with Monsour. But the NCEES PE Exam was a different animal. Simply put it's a lot of information.

A little history: Being new to the work force and having debt from school and getting myself situated, I didn't want to spend any more money on schooling. I already paid for programs to pass Seismic and Surveying but the 8 hour I thought would be general enough that I wouldn't need any more programs. After making copies of anything I could find, finally caving in to take 2 different programs to pass the PE and still failing, I was at my wits end. I had several binders of too much material and nothing was efficient or made sense. :shakehead:

A coworker who had passed seismic with EET said she couldn't vouch for the 8 hour because she passed it before after paying for some other program that did not help her but her experience with the Seismic instructor with EET convinced her that EET really wanted to help and it wasn't all about the money (which by the way is very reasonable.) I did not want to do it, I was afraid of wasting my time and money but I needed help. So I contacted them and actually spoke to the instructors and I got a good feeling so I signed up for Fall 2013 with EET at their web site www.eet-california.com. They were the best, they guided me from beginning to end. They keep their classes small, so that they can give personal attention and I mean they call and send emails to check that your studying and doing your assignments. They really get to know you. Your assignments include weekly homework as well as mini-quizzes or quick impromptu questions. The format made sense, I threw out all the old Binders of too much material and organized what I needed.

I missed passing the October 2013 exam by 5 points (assuming a passing score of 56/80) but I was motivated! That was the closest I ever got. I was usually missing the exam by around 11 points and I couldn't get any closer. So I signed up again with EET for Spring for the April 2014 exam and PASSED!!! Side note: Both times my depth module was TRANSPORTATION. Sorry for the long post, but if you are someone that needs to be pushed, especially by someone who really cares and wants to see you succeed, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND EET. I wish I had found them sooner. I hope this helps. :D

Congratulations on passing the examinations!!!! We all have to take a path, path is different, but you passed, that is all that matters. Congratulations!

[SIZE=medium]Hello,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Congratulations and I totally agree with you. I am currently working for CA DOT and I have been out of school for more than 15 years. I decided to take the PE exam last year. I took the Seismic and the NCEES PE Exam (8 hour) review courses with Engineering, Education & Training (EET)[/SIZE]. I was fortunate to PASS the Survey and seismic on April 2014 and the 8 hours on October 2014 all on the first attempt. I cannot thank EET enough. Since I have been out of school for a while I was very anxious about taking these exams. For the Seismic exam Dr. Ibrahim did an outstanding job in explaining the topic. He went above and beyond to make sure that we understood the subject. I feel that I can say this with all confidence, that I guarantee if you follow his instructions, do the homework, and take the simulate exam that you will pass this exam. Seismic was my first exam and I was very nervous but once I started the exam I was able to go thru it without problems because of the effort he put into the course and the material which came very very handy. I HIGLY RECOMMEND HIM.

[SIZE=medium]For the 8 hours, all the instructors, Dr. Samir, Dr. Nasrul, and Dr. Amir, did a wonderful job in explaining the material. Most of the material was very new to me since I have been out of school for a long time. But, they helped me understand it and following there course materials which were presented in a very simple and clear way I was able to pass. For my Depth portion, I took transportation. Samir style of teaching is exceptional and his material was very effective. It was very comprehensive and friendly. It was extremely helpful in the exam. I cannot thank him enough. I feel that I have gained and retained lots of useful information after taking these exams.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Finally, I want to thank Engineering, Education & Training (EET) very much and will totally vouch for them for anyone who wants to pass the PE exam.[/SIZE]

I’m going to echo what has been said above. I took in-person EET Civil review classes for the 8-hr and the seismic portions of the exam, and passed - primarily thanks to them.

My background is in Chemical engr, and I only took one civil class while in undergrad so I already felt waaaaay behind the eight ball from the jump. Everything was new to me, and I was stressing hard. I didn’t even know where to start. I signed up for the EET 8-hour review course, with the Transportation depth area. EET breaks up the teaching to reflect the exam - the first half you cover everything, then the depth portion in the 2nd half. The first half is taught by all of the instructors, who teach whatever the field of expertise is. The instructors give you some tips/tricks/advice along the way and really useful homework problems. Then the 2nd half is more one-on-one with a single instructor. Maybe not true one-on-one, but the classes are small so you’re not lost in a sea of people, and you can get true interactions so it feels one-on-one. Samir taught the transportation portion and boy was he helpful, in almost every way. He is extremely knowledgable, experienced, friendly, positive, supportive, and makes himself available after class, or via email, or in-person, or during the office hour/study sessions that are held during the week. I expressed my nervousness/anxiety about taking the test, and he reassured me that as long as I did the work, I’d be ok. It’s a lot of work, make no mistake about that, with the tabbing, the homework, quizzes, random difficult questions that interweaves some of the topics that were covered that day, and practice tests, but in the end Samir was correct. I passed the 8-hr exam on the first try.

I took Hiner’s seismic on-demand class, and didn’t pass the first time. That said, I probably didn’t put forth the necessary effort to study/learn, since I was also studying for the 8-hr and surveying portions at the same time. During the 8-hr EET class, other classmates raved about the EET seismic class, taught by Dr. Ibrahim. Since my 8-hr class was such a valuable and rewarding experience, I figured I’d try their seismic class too, which is taught by Dr. Ibrahim. Everything I said about Samir above can extend to Dr. Ibrahim as well. Knowledgable, experienced, friendly, positive, supportive, available, etc. Again, like the 8-hr class, the seismic class will be a lot of work, with the tabbing, homework, quizzes, etc…, but if you do it, and are able to keep up, you’ll be confident going into the exam and you’ll have a pretty good chance of passing. I passed the seismic portion on my 2nd attempt.

One last thing I’ll say about EET is that the instructors don’t treat you like just another person who’s paying to take their class, or a number, or a faceless body. They actually care about you, and about whether or not you pass, not because it’s good for their business (let’s be honest, it is), but because you can move forward in your career/life.

PE earned May 2015.

tl;dr - if you’re thinking about taking an EET class, go for it. Highly recommended. Do the work, and you’ll be in a good position to pass.

Back