NJ Application Deadlines

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

team1887

Reaction score
Hello,

I am new to the forum.

I sent in my PE application to NJ. Online they havent put any deadlines for the application. So I emailed them and they told me October 3rd! My application arrived to their office on October 4th. Im kind of freaking out that they will reject it right away since it was late (and USPS guaranteed delivery on October 2nd which Im also upset about). Anyone have any experience with applications arriving late and them not updating their website (which is the only place you can get any information!!)

Thank you!

Personally, I never had any experience in submitting past the deadline date when I submitted for NJ. However, in talking with the fine, and I do stress fine (<sarcasm>), I recall that they said the would accept them. You may want to make a phone call to the board to let them know that you mailed from overseas and that the USPS guaranteed 10/2 delivery but failed to do so. They will have leniency for such conditions.

[SIZE=10.5pt]They gave me a hard time with my PE application even though it was submitted way in advance so the only thing I would recommend is that call them and call them again and then again. They will keep telling you the person you are trying to reach is out today or on vacation and all that other nonsense that goes along with it but be persistent and make a note in terms of who you spoke with and when did you call and what answer did you get? [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]I remember at one point I called three times and every time I got a response "She is out" and I just got frustrated and talked to the person who answered and told her what am I supposed to do; keep calling every week only to find out she is out again and that person was able to look up information for me in a New York minute. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Now, one may think why is this guy keep calling about status of the application but there are various components of your application as in your school sending the official transcript, your FE results (even though I passed it in NJ; they couldn’t find my records until I called), Reference forms sent by your references. They don't keep you informed so you have no way of knowing if they have received it or not so I kept calling.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]They gave me a hard time with my PE application even though it was submitted way in advance so the only thing I would recommend is that call them and call them again and then again. They will keep telling you the person you are trying to reach is out today or on vacation and all that other nonsense that goes along with it but be persistent and make a note in terms of who you spoke with and when did you call and what answer did you get? [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]I remember at one point I called three times and every time I got a response "She is out" and I just got frustrated and talked to the person who answered and told her what am I supposed to do; keep calling every week only to find out she is out again and that person was able to look up information for me in a New York minute. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Now, one may think why is this guy keep calling about status of the application but there are various components of your application as in your school sending the official transcript, your FE results (even though I passed it in NJ; they couldn’t find my records until I called), Reference forms sent by your references. They don't keep you informed so you have no way of knowing if they have received it or not so I kept calling.[/SIZE]
First, BBH is correct which is why referred to them as fine people. Not only are they rude, but often very unhelpful. EVERYTHING sent to the NJ state board should be sent with tracking info because the minute you tell them that you tracked it and you know that they have it they change their tune. I know because they claimed to lost/misplaced/didn't know where "it" was, until I noted that on X date, Y person signed for it. Then they would take my name and number and call me back within 2-4 hours. So send everything with a trackable account. Also, don't be afraid to continuously call as BBH mentioned. Just don't be rude about it because they will make things even more difficult for you. Really kiss their arse. It is in their nature to give everyone a hard time. It is because of all this that I say they will most likely accept your application if it was a day late, esp. since the USPS screwed up the delivery date.

@NJmike PE, I did certified mail for everything I sent but I have no control over reference forms filled out by my references and also the transcript.... I was so worried that I applied in CT just in case and I got the results for CT before I got into NJ so if and when I get my NJ license; I will go for CT as well.

also CT doesn't require separate forms to be filled out by references so I just had to get their signature on the form and that was it for those of you considering applying within tri-state area.

Back