Presidential Candidate - Who's yours?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tin foil hat time - is ABC trying to get people to believe their views are in line with the president's?
I would hope they no one would choose their candidate based on this simplistic "tool". My biggest gripe is that it weighs all the topics it presents equally, which isn't how a person is likely to make their decision in real life, which leads me to my point on your second question...

To those with Obama at or near the top, would you really vote for him?
Obama is near the top of my list using this tool simply because my views align best with Obama's on the "Hot Topic's" items that are presented here (which comprise 4 of the 11 questions). Since this tool weighs all the categories equally, I have a large portion of my selections match Obama's even though i don't agree with him on any of what I feel are the more important topics of the economy, health care, and national security. For those topics my views match up with several of the other candidates, but don't really gravitate towards one in particular. Thus, by default, this site says I should vote for Obama, even though I'm not likely to.

Hypothetically, if it were between Obama and Mitt Romney, who would you vote for right now?

OBAMA - 0

ROMNEY - 1

(Copy that above, change it to add your vote and paste)

Tin foil hat time - is ABC trying to get people to believe their views are in line with the president's?
I would hope they no one would choose their candidate based on this simplistic "tool". My biggest gripe is that it weighs all the topics it presents equally, which isn't how a person is likely to make their decision in real life, which leads me to my point on your second question...

To those with Obama at or near the top, would you really vote for him?
Obama is near the top of my list using this tool simply because my views align best with Obama's on the "Hot Topic's" items that are presented here (which comprise 4 of the 11 questions). Since this tool weighs all the categories equally, I have a large portion of my selections match Obama's even though i don't agree with him on any of what I feel are the more important topics of the economy, health care, and national security. For those topics my views match up with several of the other candidates, but don't really gravitate towards one in particular. Thus, by default, this site says I should vote for Obama, even though I'm not likely to.
Who's to say the young, hip, social-media, Kool-Aid drinkers of "hope" and "change" who voted him in the office in the first place wouldn't see this quiz as the soothsayer of voting? This is the reason behind the posing of my questions.

Hmmm... my views match those of the president. I guess I'll vote for him.

Is that an unreasonable thought of what may happen?

Who's to say the young, hip, social-media, Kool-Aid drinkers of "hope" and "change" who voted him in the office in the first place wouldn't see this quiz as the soothsayer of voting? This is the reason behind the posing of my questions.

Hmmm... my views match those of the president. I guess I'll vote for him.

Is that an unreasonable thought of what may happen?
I'm not saying that won't happen, I just hope it won't. :p

Sure hope so. I think he's probably the only person in the running right now on the Republican side who isn't extremely polarizing to general public. If they stand any chance of taking the next election, it needs to be someone who can take independents/swing voters by not scaring them away with sheer kookiness.

The part I find most annoying about any of these elections is the fact that despite who's running, it's about which PARTY is winning. The Republicans don't give a **** who their "face guy" is as long as they can put the ® next to the office's name (same is true for the D's).

Does anyone ever see an election in the near future where we as Americans will truly vote for the better candidate instead of the "lesser of two evils"?

Does anyone ever see an election in the near future where we as Americans will truly vote for the better candidate instead of the "lesser of two evils"?
No. You're voting for politicians. It's like asking if someone will breathe after they've been dead for 83 years.

Given the choice between Obama and Dleg, I'd also tip my support to Dleg. I didn't know he was even running, but given what's happened this year, he has about as good a chance as anyone to lead the Republican field.

Back