Down to single digits, how's everyone doing?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ramnares P.E.

Reaction score
Like the topic says, we're down to single digits. How's everyone's prep coming along?

What did you to do prep? What are your plans for the next 4 days?

5n265YU.jpg

Tried that a few days ago and my wife passed by and said, "What, no studying today?" Immediately felt guilty and went straight back to studying...

It's getting to that point where housework is looking like an attractive alternative to studying...good thing we're down to the last 4 days.

Keep em coming, cuz the morale will not improve. I'm going to fail! Again!

I feel brain dead.

Seriously, more prepared this attempt than I was last time. Just hope it's enough. Speed is my killer on these exams.

^You've likely crammed as much into your head as you can at this point...some lite studying just to stay fresh and a couple of relaxing nights w maybe a little exercise to stay loose...Best of Luck!

Keep em coming, cuz the morale will not improve. I'm going to fail! Again!

I feel brain dead.

Seriously, more prepared this attempt than I was last time. Just hope it's enough. Speed is my killer on these exams.
What you need is some jello-shots.

Good luck on the exam. I'm rooting for you!!

Why wait for the lunch break? After you set your reference material out on the table, you should line up a few shots too. Turn it into a drinking game. Every time someone leaves the room during the exam, you take a shot. Every time someone enters the room during the exam, you take a shot. If someone runs out of the room in tears, you take two shoots... You get the idea.

Just took the first half of the practice exam and got 35/40 so feeling pretty good. Going to try the depth half tonight and see how that goes.

When I took the afternoon portion of the exam, I went in knowing that it would suck, and it did. It is definitely a step up in difficulty (at least for me it was). Just work the problems as best as you can. If you see one that will take a long time or you have no idea how to do it, skip it. When you hit a problem that you know how to do, knock it out right there! Eventually you will come back around to the harder ones. Leave the hard or nasty ones for last. The key for me was to keep moving. The slow animals get eaten in the afternoon portion! Try and at least make an educated guess if cannot figure it out in time.

Stay confident and knock it out of the park!

GE is right. The afternoon is a bear but the key is rhythm. I found myself each of the three time that I took it either on a roll, answering multiple questions in a row or marking ones to come back to. The key is definitely to GET the ones know in the afternoon. The afternoon is also gruelling from the standpoint of the overall day. There's a good chance that your mentally going to hit a wall by about 1530 and it may effect your body. You may begin to get uncomfortable. My suggestion is to plan for than. Bring a seat cushion to help keep you comfortable. Maybe something to snack on if permitted.

Good luck. Come back on Monday and tells all how well you think you did.

I'll tell you what NJ, if I think I did good I'll come let you know, and if I do bad I'll pretend I did good and still come tell you how good I think I did.

It's a win win.

Can tell that insomnia is going to be a major issue...let's hope that I can catch some sleep Thurs.

Back