Fake Child Abduction Video Sparks Outrage

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NJmike PE

Game Czar
Reaction score
So I have to appeal to those of us with kids, although others are totally free to chime in (except Oz because hes a dipshit and would have some kind of conspiracy theory for it). When I saw this on the news this morning it immediately cause my BP to rise. Mainly because I am the type of parent who would beat this person to within an inch of their life if they attempted this on my kid(s). Only to find out that it was a gag to promote awareness on child abductions.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/national-international/255626511.html?_osource=SocialFlowFB_NYBrand

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfDOGh9rhxs

So what is the overwhelming opinion on this?

I'm concerned that the PD just said OK and didn't bother to check on it when called before they video was made. What if another kid was REALLY being kidnapped. Would the PD say "oh, yeah, we know about that, don't worry, it's not real."

I don't know, some "pranks" go too far. When you mess with kids, things could get ugly really fast.

yeah, exactly. I looked at my wife and told her that I would have driven that MF right off the road, pulled him from the car and given him a real good beatin. AND, I would have been like "Oh that was a prank; not really real? Too bad for you."

They "abducted" their own kid didn't they? If it was somebody else's kid, I think they would be facing some serious consequences. Either way, it was a real stupid move, and like that cop said at the end, could have gotten shot in the face.

They "abducted" their own kid didn't they? If it was somebody else's kid, I think they would be facing some serious consequences. Either way, it was a real stupid move, and like that cop said at the end, could have gotten shot in the face.
It was their nephew.

From the article:

Jeremy and Jason Holden are listed as the creators of TwinzTV. "The boy is my nephew and yes the mom gave permission to use him in the video," Jason Holden told TODAY in an email. "The boy is 4 years old and was fully aware what was going on and what we were going to do with him, he was not harmed in anyway , he was actually smiling the whole time. "

good thing, but regardless if I witnessed this taking place I wouldn't take it too easy on the abductor.

I don't see what they were trying to prove. How does what they did raise awareness or increase prevention of an abduction. I'd be pretty certain 99% of abductions don't happen that way. All it proves is that this person can run up, snatch a kid and run back to a car faster then anyone could react. I don't think anyone could hope to "prevent" the abduction in that situation. If it were a real abduction there were half a dozen witnesses who could describe the vehicle/suspects and they'd call the police immediately. A real abductor isn't going to want that sort of attention.

These guys are idiots.

Recognizing that it wouldn't happen that way, I don't think I would have asked too many questions if I saw the vehicle come back...

He would have been speaking to the officer with a lisp if he was lucky.

It really wouldn't have mattered if it was one of my babies or not.

Back