Fishy NCEES photos?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ptatohed

Licenced to Spell
Reaction score
http://ncees.org/

I don't know about you guys, but I can honestly say I have never studied for the PE exam in a circle with a half dozen other people crowded around a small table and a laptop...... but if I were going to, I certainly wouldn't take a practice exam in such an arrangement!!!

525x319_practice-exams.jpg

Now, presumably this girl is taking a CBT FE or FS exam, right? However..... I see contraband! 1.) It appears to me that she is using a non-NCEES approved calculator, is she not? 2.) A yellow notepad???? Are you serious? I am pretty sure the only materials allowed on your desk during the exam is the properly-issued FE/FS Reference Handbook. 3.) Lastly, it's hard to tell exactly but I can't help but suspect that the pencil is not a CBT issued pencil!

525x319_CBT_Reg_Open.jpg

;)

I believe a notepad is on the desk when you arrive. You cannot bring one with you, but one is supplied. The PMP exam is the same way.

And in regards to the first, who actually studied for the PE? You guys all make it sound like it was some sort of difficult exam...

I wish my monitor was that big. I passed both Survey and Seismic CBT's on their archaic 17" 4:3 crummy black and white 500 pixel dot matrix monitor. :p

LOL at your funny with the first pic.

The girl looks like she is playing Counter Strike 1.6! and she is not bad looking either lol

The first picture @ 8pm the woman has her hand gesture like " I am going to crush your balls if you think my solution for the fault analysis is wrong!"

Also, isn't CBT pretty much "All-Click and No Type"? Why is her hand on the keyboard and the mouse? As if she's drafting in ACAD.

NCEES called and said give them a break ;)

I'm more than happy to switch over to PPI and we can start making fun of the guy studying with only a tablet, on his belly, in a green field with blues skys and white clouds. Or the multitude of other smiling happy good-looking young models studying with fake props. ;)

demo_header.jpg

I would lay out in my front yard with my tablet and study for hours... In 2003.....

Now, presumably this girl is taking a CBT FE or FS exam, right? However..... I see contraband! 1.) It appears to me that she is using a non-NCEES approved calculator, is she not? 2.) A yellow notepad???? Are you serious? I am pretty sure the only materials allowed on your desk during the exam is the properly-issued FE/FS Reference Handbook. 3.) Lastly, it's hard to tell exactly but I can't help but suspect that the pencil is not a CBT issued pencil!

525x319_CBT_Reg_Open.jpg

;)
Looks like a ti30xmultiview to me - that's legal
ti-30x-multiview.jpg

And according to the ncees video, the notepad and pen are what you get. http://youtu.be/3-n1Zzh0NnM?list=PLiZ0hjHNi9jzR8RW69ndkjIgH8bzj0ew-

Plus, according to one of the other videos, that's the calculator on the computer if you forget yours. And there's yet another video that shows how to use hotkeys to answer questions and advance the screen. Answering perhaps why her hand is on the keyboard.........

Last edited by a moderator:
Back