Power systen anaysis problems 1:15,1:22

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kduff70

Reaction score
I was trying to work out two practice problem from Grainger and Stevenson power system analysis book and I cannot figure out how they can up with their solution for problem 1:15 and 1:22 . If any can help explain how they set up these two problems to solve would be a great help. Especially problem 1:22 I could see a problem possibly like this on the test. I have attach the problems

thank you for any help

power analysis115.jpg

power analysisp122.jpg

Assuming someone else doesn't respond before then I will look at in depth later tonight. It looks like it might be a straightforward trig/triangle problem and the resistor and capacitor don't really mean anything but are designed to throw you off. That's based on a very quick look and I could be wrong.

[SIZE=10.5pt]Thank you KatyLied I always appreciated any information you can give its always very helpful. [/SIZE]

PS and I like the pic of Shaft that a classic!! :)

Still working on the rest. Will get back with you ASAP. Got unexpectedly tied up last night. (My wife is getting into this bondage thing. LOL!)

Hi KatyLied did you have a chance to figure out the problems

Only if you were able to come up for air of coures LOL!

apologies for my tardiness but can you email me a full sized copy of those problems. I am having trouble viewing but I'm unable to enlarge. I have an idea about how to work both but need to confirm the numbers and make sure I'm on the right track. I will message you my email address.

I can work 1.21 except I get the complex math at one point different than the given solution.

So I checked the solution's answer and it is correct.

Below is the check:

The magnitude of S is the same for Dig and Swing after the PF correction.

This is where I get the complex math wrong:

Please someone point out where my math is wrong.

@kduff70 It would help if posted a larger scan of the problem, this one is wrong to read.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back