Problem 521, 2011 NCEES Trans Depth

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newbauer16

Reaction score
Reviewing for the 2014 April Trans depth - question 521 in the NCEES sample test

"Freeway ramp has the following characteristics - Radius on inner edge of pavement = 100 feet, one lane, one way operation, Design Traffic conditions A, Barrier curb on both sides, ramp pavement width is most nearly....?"

I looked through Chap 10 in the 2011 Green book and cannot find anything resembling the solution provided by NCEES (which of course they still reference the 2004 version) Any advice would be very welcomed.

Additionally,I have tabbed the crap out of the Green Book. Any other advice on what else to specifically look at in this monster?

Thanks

Reviewing for the 2014 April Trans depth - question 521 in the NCEES sample test

"Freeway ramp has the following characteristics - Radius on inner edge of pavement = 100 feet, one lane, one way operation, Design Traffic conditions A, Barrier curb on both sides, ramp pavement width is most nearly....?"

I looked through Chap 10 in the 2011 Green book and cannot find anything resembling the solution provided by NCEES (which of course they still reference the 2004 version) Any advice would be very welcomed.

Additionally,I have tabbed the crap out of the Green Book. Any other advice on what else to specifically look at in this monster?

Thanks

New,

I believe this table ('Design Widths of Pavements for Turning Roadways') has been removed from Chapter 10. I checked in my 5th Ed GDHS, page 839 (as referenced in NCEES's solution) and I saw that I had written that the table (Exh 10-67) on page 839/Chapter 10 was a duplicate to Exh 3-51, page 220/Chapt 3. So I looked in the 6th Ed GDHS in Chapt 3 and, sure enough, there it was. See GDHS 6th ed page 3-103, Table 3-29.

Good action, thanks much for the reply. Seems to be that Chap 3 is the catch all of this book.

Thanks again

I got beat to the reply. I just did this problem today as part of a markup. I actually had the page tabbed.

Back