What was your favorite fictional spacecraft?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt Worley PE

Run silent, run deep
Reaction score
Although I loved Star Trek and Lost in Space, I always liked the Eagles on Space 1999. They seemed to me the most realistic designs, especially given NASA's propensity for modular construction in that era.

Millenium Falcon...the hod-rodded muscle car in a galaxy far, far away.

...or Eagle 5. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
X-wing or the ship from Flight of the Navigator when it would transform into "time travel" mode. ;)

Galactica circa 1977

MV5BMjExMjM1NzE3Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNDcxNzU2._V1._SX420_SY282_.jpg

Major Highway said:
The Death Star, only because I think it would be cool to build your own planet. I think I would make it a bit harder to destroy though.
All right, look-you're a roofer, and some juicy government contract comes your way; you got the wife and kids and the two-story in suburbia - this is a government contract, which means all sorts of benefits. All of a sudden these left-wing militants blast you with lasers and wipe out everyone within a three-mile radius. You didn't ask for that. You have no personal politics. You're just trying to scrape out a living.

Major Highway said:
The Death Star, only because I think it would be cool to build your own planet. I think I would make it a bit harder to destroy though.
All right, look-you're a roofer, and some juicy government contract comes your way; you got the wife and kids and the two-story in suburbia - this is a government contract, which means all sorts of benefits. All of a sudden these left-wing militants blast you with lasers and wipe out everyone within a three-mile radius. You didn't ask for that. You have no personal politics. You're just trying to scrape out a living.
Clerks?

It didn't have a name, but I liked the ship from the Flight of the Navigator

FotN.jpg
I made a reference about this movie around some people in their early 20s and got blank stares. I felt really old. I compared the Cloud Gate (The Bean) sculpture in Chicago to this ship.

And I have to go with the ST:NG Enterprise.

From Voyage to The Bottom of The Sea...The Aerosub just because a vehicle that can fly and work as a submarine has to kick ass.

aerosub1.jpg

Sorry...You said spacecraft so the Millennium Falcon has my vote too.

millenium-falcon.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Millennium Falcon from movies, guy-king (spelling?) from the 80's cartoon. Guy king could kick the sh!t out of the ship from star blazers.

Oh the memories

I liked the ship in DarkStar, too. Good dark humor movie.

Flight of the Navigator was an awesome, and underrated, film.

From Voyage to The Bottom of The Sea...The Aerosub just because a vehicle that can fly and work as a submarine has to kick ass.
Moebius has a good model of that (along with other Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea and Lost in Space stuff).

Back