proffesional engineerss help

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FARIS

Reaction score
]Hi i have a question please :

When i applied to the FE test ,and when i was filling my application form to send it to the Board of examiners in Ct i passed through a simple problem ,in one of the areas in the application form ,i v been asked to have three Proffesional engineers to sign my application form ? the problem i worked in Iraq and was recognized in Iraq as an engineer and have all the certified docuemnts proving that ,but here i dont know any one ,and never yet worked in any company ,and did not meet so far any engineer ...my question please if there is any way or any area or any union that i can go too or any one knows any body that can sign my application form (only profsional engineers /three ones ) so that can help me to submit my aplication form to the board of examiners in ct to be ready to the FE Test in October :sharkattack: :unitedstates: .

pLease if there is any idea to my simple problem (where i can find those engineers that can sign only my application form and say he is an engineer or colque ...

Thank you for answering and helping a blind engineer try to start a new life in America

You should be able to take the FE without having an engineers signature. I thought you only needed that for proof of experience.

ChusPaul is correct. See my response in your other post.

Every one thanks a lot for the responce ? but connecticut engineers council have thier own regulation ,and during my phone call yesterday with miss barbara (the board of examiners ) she asked me to down load the application form from the web side

www.ct.gov/dcp ,she mentioned that i should have a signature of three professional engineers in one of the field so i can process and complete my form other wise my form will be piled for a while and then will be returned to me with out processing .

again i am appreciative to your answers and thanks alot for your help

I do not believe professional engineers will sign your application for you if they have never worked with you. I know I wouldn't put my name on the line for somebody I didn't know. You would need to get a job before you can start getting the experience requirements and references.

FARIS,

i know you dont have any clue what is like in north america when it comes to engineering from exams to work expereince and engineeers reference, I have been there, i will warn you these professional engineers that you might work or encounter with most of them arent interested to help you, they are mostly good in taking care of themselves, it is very unlikely and rare to find professional engineers that will help you out, sad but it is the reality, i have experienced this a lot times.

good luck, but im sure you can find one.

FARIS,
i know you dont have any clue what is like in north america when it comes to engineering from exams to work expereince and engineeers reference, I have been there, i will warn you these professional engineers that you might work or encounter with most of them arent interested to help you, they are mostly good in taking care of themselves, it is very unlikely and rare to find professional engineers that will help you out, sad but it is the reality, i have experienced this a lot times.

Would you sign a document where you say you know about that person, his reputation, and his engineering work without even knowing how his face looks? No? I knew it. There you go then.

One more thing, if you think so low about professional engineers go back to school and obtain a law degree. That will raise your bar a little bit.

I would be more than willing to help someone out in Faris position. You shouldn't have taken my post to mean what you are implying. I dont' consider helping him commit fraud to be helping him.

I would be more than willing to help someone out in Faris position. You shouldn't have taken my post to mean what you are implying. I dont' consider helping him commit fraud to be helping him.
Well, he only has to find two more then.
Read CbusPaul's post again. He's not implying he will sign for him, but will help him where he can. Blindly signing is not "helping".

And yes, I agree that there are a lot of engineers out there that don't want to be bothered with helping anyone out. I've seen it an awful lot.

However, it appears the majority on this board really will help out where they can, within the rules. I'm not sure what has you so bothered STEEL MAN.

Yes, jmbeck, that is exactly what I meant. Thank you. My earlier post was directed to STEEL MAN and not Dark Knight, that may have been some of the confusion.

Last edited by a moderator:
FARIS,

Would you sign a document where you say you know about that person, his reputation, and his engineering work without even knowing how his face looks? No? I knew it. There you go then.

One more thing, if you think so low about professional engineers go back to school and obtain a law degree. That will raise your bar a little bit.
no, you misunderstood my post im saying you have to have a valid experience under a professional engineer before they will help you out eventhough you have work under their supervision, "some" professional engineers arent interested to become a reference, and I have expereinced that i was working under his supervision for 3 yrs yet he didnt care to become my reference. if i only knew he screwed me up i shouldnt accept his job offer, i made it clear before he hired me and asked him, would you become my reference for my Prof engr application? he said yes but unfornately he declined yrs later.

That makes sense then STEEL MAN. I wouldn't be that way, it makes no sense to have someone gain experience under you then not sign that, yes, in fact they do have the required experience. I am not sure I understand the point of not providing a reference in that case. All you are signing is that they have done the appropriate number years of qualifying engineering work.

Back