Water Resources Study Module

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jfusilloPE

Reaction score
As promised (especially for you Undertaker), I have began scanning in class notes for the PE.

The water resources section is complete and available for use.

Shoot me a PM with an e-mail address and I will e-mail it to you. I broke it down into two files and they are PDFs.

Just let me know if you want it, because I think the files are a little too big to post here.

I will also be putting review questions up for each section as well.

First set of water resources problems...

Solutions to follow.

Last edited by a moderator:
As promised (especially for you Undertaker), I have began scanning in class notes for the PE.

Shoot me a PM with an e-mail address and I will e-mail it to you. I broke it down into two files and they are PDFs.

Just let me know if you want it, because I think the files are a little too big to post here.

Your help is greatly appreciated. Here is my e-mail [email protected]

Hans

Solutions for the first set.

The solutions follow the methodology of the water resources notes that I have provided to you via e-mail.

You can send the WR Module to [email protected]

Anybody have the solutions for the WR module?

Please post them or send to me when possible.

Thanks,

owillis

I worked on this problem for a half hour last night and didn't get very far. I did find a similar problem but couldn't get the answer.

owillis28

Could you post the solution to the monitoring well problem on page 7 of the solution set? I believe that solution is missing.
Thanks so much!
The answer is (D) S 45d W

If you take the casing top elevation and subtract the groundwater depth, you get an elevation of "X". Place those elevations with the appropriate monitoring wells and you can see the flow path.

The answer is (D) S 45d W
If you take the casing top elevation and subtract the groundwater depth, you get an elevation of "X". Place those elevations with the appropriate monitoring wells and you can see the flow path.
Jfus,

Great post. Thank you for posting this set of problems.

In regards to the monitering well problem, can anyone post a detailed solution to this problem?

I used the information that joe had provided but still don't understand this problem.

Thank you in advance,

owillis

Please e mail to [email protected]

Thank you

Jfus,
Great post. Thank you for posting this set of problems.

In regards to the monitering well problem, can anyone post a detailed solution to this problem?

I used the information that joe had provided but still don't understand this problem.

Thank you in advance,

owillis
Here you go..

The idea is to draw the potential head lines (connecting equal groundwater levels) and the flow line will be perpendicular to it . I just draw the equipotential lines for 44m and 45m and flow will be perpendicular to that from 45m to 44m.

I got a question on Fluid Dynamics question on Page 15.

why can't I use the mass balance equation here? I mean shouldn't the product of velocity and area be the same no matter what.

Solutions to water resources study module

I got a question on Fluid Dynamics question on Page 15. why can't I use the mass balance equation here? I mean shouldn't the product of velocity and area be the same no matter what.
The decrease in pressure from A to B requires an increase in velocity to keep the total energy equal... which, in this case, increases the flow at B.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back