CA Traffic Engineering Exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yw100

Reaction score
Hello, There is no exam format on the pels website or any sample questions available, for the California Traffic Engineering Exam. The information provided are a list of 15 reference materials and a test plan on the subject covered. Is the test comparable to Civil PE Transportation Discipline? I am starting with HCM, MUTCD, AASHTO Greenbook, Caltrans Manuals, ITE Traffic Engineering Handbook, and Trip Generation. There may not be time for the other books. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Hello, There is no exam format on the pels website or any sample questions available, for the California Traffic Engineering Exam. The information provided are a list of 15 reference materials and a test plan on the subject covered. Is the test comparable to Civil PE Transportation Discipline? I am starting with HCM, MUTCD, AASHTO Greenbook, Caltrans Manuals, ITE Traffic Engineering Handbook, and Trip Generation. There may not be time for the other books. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

I suspect the format is that of the 8-Hour, Survey, Seismic, etc. Ex. Multiple choice, 4 answer choices. You mentioned there is a test plan available from the state's website. There you go. That's key. Good luck.

Back