Best Prep/Practice books?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onamission

Reaction score
I am getting ready to sign up to take the Civil PE in April 2011. I want to take the Civil Breadth/Structural Depth exam and I would like to know which practice/prep books people find most helpful. If anyone has any interesting insight on a book that might not be so great please let me know too. Thanks!

CERM for the AM Section, as many problems as you can get your hands on for the PM section.

And yes, the problems out of a lot of books are harder than what's on the test but they are very good practice nonetheless.

CERM for the AM Section, as many problems as you can get your hands on for the PM section.
And yes, the problems out of a lot of books are harder than what's on the test but they are very good practice nonetheless.

VERY much appreciated!

Please read topic title "how i passed the pe-exam" for info on books to buy/rent for the civil/pe/structural depth

I am getting ready to sign up to take the Civil PE in April 2011. I want to take the Civil Breadth/Structural Depth exam and I would like to know which practice/prep books people find most helpful. If anyone has any interesting insight on a book that might not be so great please let me know too. Thanks!

I used 6 min solutions. I went thru the morning portion of all subjects and the afternoon of structural. Don't be discouraged about the time it takes to complete the practice problems in the 6 min solutions, they take longer (and were harder) than the majority on the exam. I went thru all of the exams 2 times. Once about 6 weeks before the exam, then again the week before the exam.

Also, when I went thru the water resourses morning test in the 6 min solutions I noticed that there was not a lot for pipe flow or open channel flow. So I went back thru my college notes and worked out a couple of these types of homework and test problems I had in college. I am glad I did that.

After that review, I thought the PE was not too difficult.

Good Luck.

Back