Chemical PE exam changing in 2011!!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

nostradumbass

I saw this on the NCEES website today. It has a whole bunch of other stuff that's taking place for the October exam, so I would advise you to click on the link and take a look. However, specifically for the Chemical PE exam,

Changes effective with the April 2011 administration

Chemical PE exam

Beginning with the April 2011 administration, the Chemical PE exam will have revised specifications. The new specification will be posted on ncees.org after the October 2010 administration.

After looking at the new April 2011 break down, the main difference I see is a larger emphasis on power cycles in the thermo section. It also looks like theres a shift to an emphasis on flow measuring in the fluids section. I dont have the old category break down from the past but from first glance I would say the "new" exam is an improvement.

There were power cycle questions on the PE I took oct of 09 so I guess they just have more of them. A full power cycle question would be infeasable for a PE question becuase its like 3 pages of calcuations for the entire cycle. Also flow measurement was on the exam as well. A slight change in emphesis is really not all that profound. I am glad I already passed it.

Back