Estimating the Result date

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pelaw

Reaction score
OK. So, six months ago, the test was on Oct 22/23rd. The results came back around December 15.

So, the wait is about 55 days. The target date I'm looking for is June 10th.

OK. So, six months ago, the test was on Oct 22/23rd. The results came back around December 15.
So, the wait is about 55 days. The target date I'm looking for is June 10th.
What state are you from? I am in NY. From what I have read, NY takes 70-80 days from test date which would put me in early July. Your state almost definitely has a quicker turnaround tho...

I took the exam in Illinois. In December, several states got the results before Illinois. Several States were also trailing, and publishing results well into January, and this was by notice; it was well known that they would publish results late. You may be one of those. But on average, from what I've experienced here, it takes about 55 days.

CA will get their result during the mid or the end of July...(I said it will be July 19)

Last edited by a moderator:
I would expect MD to post their results by 2nd week of June. Typically for October, they post in January 1st week.

If you look at the stickie above this thread in the PE EXAM RESULTS board there's a spreadsheet with every state, test date, and #days till result given since October of 2005.... a BIG Help on guessing the timelines...

NC looks like it's 55-61 days. You will find it out on your state website before the letters come in the mail by doing a license look up.

For example about 50 days out I will start searching for NC License # 36619. Once that one becomes valid - they have started processing the "gimmes" from other states.... then about a week or so later they will start posting NEW 1st time licenses.... These will come out about a week or so before the physical letters... but it's 100% legit.

Here in Colorado, we got our FE results for the April exam right around the 17th of June. Boys at the office got their PE results last year around the same time. I'm betting this year's PE results will be similar.

I took the exam in NY. I am guessing we will get the results by the 4th of July and it looks like the spreadsheet agrees! That'll make for a good holiday weekend for sure!

I took the exam in NY. I am guessing we will get the results by the 4th of July and it looks like the spreadsheet agrees! That'll make for a good holiday weekend for sure!
I took in NY also...Schenectady. By the 4th of July would be solid.

double-facepalm-demotivational-poster-1238022040.jpg

I took in California. The lead proctor told us to wait for result in 13 weeks..

So it maybe on the 2nd to 3rd week of July..

Long wait..Long break..

Long break is probably the right way to look at it. When you get the results, one of two things can happen: 1) you pass, in which case the wait was well worth it and you no longer care about how long you had to wait for the score or 2) you don't pass, in which case you will be glad you did not find out you failed right away since you got a 3 month break from studying.

I took in California. The lead proctor told us to wait for result in 13 weeks..So it maybe on the 2nd to 3rd week of July..

Long wait..Long break..
In CA, they've been following through on the 13-week wait. I got my results exactly 90 days (13 weeks minus 1 day) after the surveying and seismic exams last October. The CA PELS site originally announced that the results were going to be sent after the 12th week, but they made a last-minute announcement that it will take another week, so the 13-week wait was spot on.

Here in Colorado, we got our FE results for the April exam right around the 17th of June. Boys at the office got their PE results last year around the same time. I'm betting this year's PE results will be similar.
I'm hoping that's the case, I'm going on vacation well away from phone and internet range a few days after that. It would certainly be nice to know beforehand.

I'm hoping that's the case, I'm going on vacation well away from phone and internet range a few days after that. It would certainly be nice to know beforehand.
I took the exam in virginia. I felt like the afternoon was harder than in October. I was curious as to as far as mechanical thermo fluids, how everybody else felt about April 2010

I took the PE exam in IA. During the exam announcements, the lead proctor told us that, for Iowa, they're trying something new that will hopefully get the results out faster. ("That's the plan, anyway," he said.) I have no idea what that something new could be, I don't know how much faster is faster (days, weeks, or months), I don't know if it will actually work, and I don't know if it pertains to any other states besides IA. As I understand it, IA was already one of the fastest states to send out the results anyway, so I don't expect results to arrive much sooner than usual, but we'll see.

Its possible that if the Iowa board was the one to release exam results in previous years, they might be going to direct e-mail notification from NCEES, which would result in a faster turnaround time.

I took the exam in virginia. I felt like the afternoon was harder than in October. I was curious as to as far as mechanical thermo fluids, how everybody else felt about April 2010

Took PE in State of Washington...expecting results in 2nd week of June (Historically it has been 7-8 weeks). Good luck everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back