PE Certificate Framed

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cupojoe PE PMP

Reaction score
After seeing a couple photos for other PE certificate frames on this board....I decided to do something similar. Check it out....I have my College diploma framed the same only with a green border (and of course no pencil). The guy at the frame shop said he has done a lot of these frames for the governor and legislature when new laws get signed, but never one with a mechanical pencil.

20140520_191511.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good. Nice job. If you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost you

It was around $200ish., it was a few months ago, so I don't remember exactly (meant to post this picture a couple months ago)....I was going to do it anyways, it was $60 extra for the extra glass/materials to shadowbox the pencil.

FWIW, Michael's craft store has a really nice matted one in the $30 range. Took me about 5 minutes to insert my cert.

Not really room for a pencil on that one. They would probably have to do a custom frame. Still may be a reasonable price. I've had good luck from them before.

Not really room for a pencil on that one. They would probably have to do a custom frame. Still may be a reasonable price. I've had good luck from them before.

I see. I think the discussion has been about including a pencil(s) in the frame.

I see. I think the discussion has been about including a pencil(s) in the frame.
+1....There are definitely cheaper options to just frame a certificate than what I did, but it is just the right amount of nerdiness for me. It's also a fun conversation starter.

My 7 year old was very involved with me studying. He was very supportive and made a huge poster board for me when I returned home from the exam in April.

When I got the certificate from the State in May, I placed it on my desk in the basement where I did all the studying. One day in July he heard me talking to my wife about getting a nice picture frame and "framing it"

Without realizing what he was doing he came back up stairs with the certificate, with a hand cut brown paper border stapled to it with at least 30 different staples.

He handed it to me and said " because I love you"

In a way it looks ridiculous, but in some ways it looks better than anything I could have bought. I have left it on the desk, very proud for all to see. I will take a picture and post it.

Predgw,

That's an awesome story. It sounds like you have a great kid. I'm studying for my PE right now and feel bad when I tell my 7 y/o that can't play with her. You're son's frame is worth more than anything you could have bought at the store. And your comment about "30 different staples" made me laugh. Yeah, kids sure do like staples.

Pred that's awesome! My certificate finally came last week. The day my certificate came my son got it and showed it to Mrs. DH. They were planning to secretly frame it and surprise me with it but my son couldn't wait. He gave it to me as a surprise when I got home from work. He was so excited he could barely contain himself and was yelling, "daddy doesn't have to study anymore yay!!!." My wife loves Harry Potter and really likes the idea of framing my NCEES pencil with my certificate and suggested that I have this written beside my pencil, "The pencil chooses the professional engineer." Idk....maybe a bit much or tacky? What do you think?

Back