What now? Finishing the process in Texas

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I M A PE

Reaction score
Alright... I passed. Sweet! Let's drink a beer to celebrate! Now what? Where do we get info on paying registration fee, getting a stamp, etc.?

Search the forums for this. It has been discussed before. The Texas Board website also lots of good info.

I took a cursory look at the Texas board site. Looks like we need a registration number to even sign in as a first time user to pay fees...

For Texas anyway, finishing the process looks like a giant pain. Evidently we have to go someplace and have our fingerprints taken? New policy I guess.

For Texas anyway, finishing the process looks like a giant pain. Evidently we have to go someplace and have our fingerprints taken? New policy I guess.
Oh well. No big deal. Passing was the hard part and now you are done with that!

So what is the first step? Do I need to wait till I receive my formal transcript? Or I can just use the notice in my NCEES account?

The Texas Board will update their PE roster to include your information. Then it is considered official and you should have your license number.

The Texas Board will update their PE roster to include your information. Then it is considered official and you should have your license number.
Hopefully, NCEES will not change their mind... just in case, I saved a screenshot and the pdf notice in my account... in case they change my result later, I am going to defend my score with all the evidence...

I thought there was a $200 fee that had to be paid before they would update the roster or release your license #? Can this be paid online?

I did the same thing!!

Does anyone know how long it takes for Texas Board to update their roster? This week has been a week of waiting!

Last edited by a moderator:
I called the board. They said this fee must be paid before any license number is issued. They also mentioned they are having problems with the online system that provides the portal for this to be paid..

@deltat, thanks for the good info.

did they allow you pay over the phone? how would we know when the portal is open for us to pay?

I called the board. They said this fee must be paid before any license number is issued. They also mentioned they are having problems with the online system that provides the portal for this to be paid..

did you guys in TX also have to pay an application fee to your state board when you applied to sit for the exam? in WA we only had a $65 fee upfront which covers application, license, and certificate. all i have to do now is wait for my license # and certificate to be issued.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember paying a $100 administrative fee, and a $250 fee for the exam. But they were both lumped together into the NCEES system.

@pe2b I haven't paid it yet. I am going to wait until they fix their issue. They said they hope to have it up by today or tommorow. I think once it's paid online the process is automated from there. It automatically notifies your reviewer that the application is complete, and from there they issue a license #.

@ Porter_, we paid 80 or 50, and now we have to pay $200. They need to hurry up and send the link to payment, I want my license # so my celeb status can be official

oh and I found out I don't have to deal with the fingerprint thing afterall since I applied before 1 January 2014.

@pe2B.... are you sure? Who did you pay the $50 or $80 to? I paid $100. IF there was an additional $50 or $80 I paid I need to know because I have been working on my reimbursement report for this stuff

oh nice! no fingerprinting as well since I applied last year.

@pe2B, we paid an inital application fee of 50 or 80, and then the 350 to take the exam. also, did the board tell u they will email u a link to make the payment once their system is back up? or do we have to keep calling

No, they simply told me to check back later today and try on the online system. Dang. I need to check and see what's going on...in total all I remember paying is $350 total. I need to check on the initial application fee.

yep. we definitely paid something before our apps were approved and we were given permission to register for the exam

did you guys in TX also have to pay an application fee to your state board when you applied to sit for the exam? in WA we only had a $65 fee upfront which covers application, license, and certificate. all i have to do now is wait for my license # and certificate to be issued.
Yes, it is $250 to apply for eligibility only...

Back