April 2015 EXAM DAY RULESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Road Guy

Reaction score
OK so most of you know the drill, we will be closed due to the test Friday and some through weekend... Be back on sometime before Monday.

Don't discuss the exam when you get back, don't discuss questions, types, wording, numbers, etc. Especially don't discuss is here..

Good Luck! try and enjoy the weekend afterwards and remember, you read it here first, the cut score is 53...

RG

Obviously Road Guy is pulling your chain with all that stuff...

We all know the cut score is 56.

Seriously though, that's great advice to keep yourselves out of trouble.

Good luck test takers and remember, get your F5 buttons ready...

OK so most of you know the drill, we will be closed due to the test Friday and some through weekend... Be back on sometime before Monday.

Don't discuss the exam when you get back, don't discuss questions, types, wording, numbers, etc. Especially don't discuss is here..

Good Luck! try and enjoy the weekend afterwards and remember, you read it here first, the cut score is 53...

RG

Do we really have to shut down the board? Everyone agrees to the nondisclosure agreement. Also even if someone posts something objectionable it will get flagged pretty quickly. Just saying...

RG

Do we really have to shut down the board? Everyone agrees to the nondisclosure agreement. Also even if someone posts something objectionable it will get flagged pretty quickly. Just saying...
it makes us mods life easier. People can and do say what you just said but they still talk about something they shouldn't.

After the exam, if you don't want to wear out your F5 key, you can use one of these online tools:

- http://www.refreshthis.com/
- http://www.pagereboot.com/

just open either of those pages and paste the URL of your NCEES acount results page (or your local license verification website). Set the refresh rate to 30 seconds (or faster if you get really desperate). Then sit back and wait for your results to show up.

If you use Google Chrome, you can install the Refresh Monkey add-on. It will automatically refresh a web page at your desire rate (it can be set to less than a second!), and notify you in case there is a change.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seandapaul, you may be surprised by the number of infractions out there. The last thing you want is to spend months prepping, take the exam, and then have your results invalidated plus legal action because you asked the wrong question or phrased it poorly. Engineers being engineers will always want to know if they did it right. This 'cool down' period let's you decompress from the exam and hopefully lets you think more clearly before you post something.

Cut score is 53/80? I thought we needed 70%.
Determining passing scores

When an exam is introduced or when its specifications change, a committee of subject-matter experts works with experienced psychometricians (testing experts with a background in statistics) to determine the level of performance that corresponds with minimal competence in that discipline. This becomes the passing score. NCEES does not publish passing scores because they change with each administration. NCEES scores each exam with no predetermined percentage of examinees that should pass or fail. All exams are scored the same way. First-time takers and repeat takers are graded to the same standard.

http://ncees.org/exams/scoring/

He made it up. Guessing the cut score is a pass time for everyone when the results are about to come out. And the OP is the owner on this site so he can make stuff up when he wants. :)

You just need to get all the AM questions correct, breeze through 13 in the PM that you feel god about and hit the road ;)

& yes I am under no obligation to close the board Friday, its a simple request from NCEES, I reckon I could tell them to go f*ck themselves, but I don't see what it hurts...

I don't want to get black out drunk Friday night and post something on here in a drunken rage. Only to find out the next morning I'm disqualified. Good call.

Think this is a great move! In everyone's best interest and protects us from throwing away months of prep by accident.

You just need to get all the AM questions correct, breeze through 13 in the PM that you feel god about and hit the road ;)

& yes I am under no obligation to close the board Friday, its a simple request from NCEES, I reckon I could tell them to go f*ck themselves, but I don't see what it hurts...
Keeping tabs on me RG? How did you know that's what I did when I took the exam?!

Ncees sent me that video of your exam to check out, I liked how you through your pencil up in the air over at the structural section

That's interesting that NCEES themselves requested the board mini break. Kudos to both the board and NCEES protecting us from ourselves.

Ncees sent me that video of your exam to check out, I liked how you through your pencil up in the air over at the structural section

Just have to point out that I ran over and retrieved it of course. Gotta have all the pencils!

Back