0./0 more days! Don't FREAK OUT!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My emotions have been on a Rollercoaster since Monday. How is everyone else feeling? Any words of wisdom from the Jedis to the Padawans???

I'm cool as a cucumber.

We've trained hard for this. Ready for battle. Go in there and give it everything you've got.

I'm not sure if I'm a Jedi, but at this point serious study will be pretty useless, too many nerves and emotions to take in any more information. Take tonight off, relax as much as you can, maybe have a cold beverage. Tomorrow night, go thru your references and make sure they are all packed and ready for Friday, however you are taking them into the exam. I'm not sure if you are staying at the exam location, but I highly recommend either staying there or somewhere very close by. A traffic jam 5 miles from the test site, even if it doesn't make you late will likely add stress to an already stressful day. Go pick out a couple of bottles of water and some snack food, trail mix, ect that you can munch on during the test. You may not think you'll eat during, but having a little something in your tummy will help keep you sharp. You'll likely be nervous the morning of, but don't sweat it, you've prepared and studied, so just go do what you've prepped for. If you normally eat breakfast, don't get off your routine, but if you don't, go try and eat something, maybe just some juice and a bagel, either way it's a long 4 hours.

Also, if you haven't heard it elsewhere...layered clothing, that you can add to or remove as needed, ear plugs, extra calculator, batteries, butt pad, ect...some of the facilities are pretty rough, which I find disappointing considering the cost of the test and the importance of it.

I'm not sure if I'm a Jedi, but at this point serious study will be pretty useless, too many nerves and emotions to take in any more information. Take tonight off, relax as much as you can, maybe have a cold beverage. Tomorrow night, go thru your references and make sure they are all packed and ready for Friday, however you are taking them into the exam. I'm not sure if you are staying at the exam location, but I highly recommend either staying there or somewhere very close by. A traffic jam 5 miles from the test site, even if it doesn't make you late will likely add stress to an already stressful day. Go pick out a couple of bottles of water and some snack food, trail mix, ect that you can munch on during the test. You may not think you'll eat during, but having a little something in your tummy will help keep you sharp. You'll likely be nervous the morning of, but don't sweat it, you've prepared and studied, so just go do what you've prepped for. If you normally eat breakfast, don't get off your routine, but if you don't, go try and eat something, maybe just some juice and a bagel, either way it's a long 4 hours.
Good advice. I'd also add that if you aren't staying onsite drive to the location either today or Thursday. Find out where you will be parking and also check out the exam room. Even if it's locked just to be able to plan your walking route is valuable. I would pack a lunch for exam day. That way you won't have to worry about finding a place to eat and getting caught up in long lines. I packed a deli sandwich, chips and a drink. Sat in my car for lunch and ate. it was good way for me to decompress between sessions.

Yes Good advice I'm pack and ready go These next few days I think we all should be going to sleep early get all the rest we need up to the day of the test not just going to sleep early the day before the test. I think we should have breakfast but nothing really big that your full same goes for lunch break too and have your body hydrated with enough water .

i am still so confused ,,,,,,,,,, that should i tab NEC 2014....... or just stick with 2011,,,,,,, i have both books but nec 2011 is tabbed i have done all my prep with nec 2011 !

now i think i should have sticked with nec 2014 :(

But seriously, the 2014 is on the test. I would bring both if you don't have time to re-tab. Find the correct section in the 2011 using your tab then switch to the 2014. More time consuming, but less time consuming than randomly flipping through the 2014.

Ya..guys tomorrow, take the day off..you should take today as well. Check thru all the reference materials, make sure there is no loose paper. All tabbed. Print all the references you need and put in binder.

Pack lunch, med, water snack

I took today off. I feel like I'm forgetting everything... just watching Portlandia.

I don't understand when everyone says to check through reference materials. Shouldn't those already be tabbed? If they aren't tabbed, then you have to review the material to see if you want to tab it, which is quasi studying.

Yeah mines been tabbed for awhile. I'm officially done studying and hopefully I did enough to slide on by

Rolling suitcase packed! I'm ready for war!!!! Still gonna make a run through of the sample Exam. I'm feeling ok. Mentally exhausted though.

Back