typical cut score for structural PE

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Illini86

Reaction score
i know they had that one thread with the scores but nobody ever had anything over like 45/80.....what is a good # to kinda expect...i think like 53-56 should get the job done is that correct?

just try to get 65% + overall and should be ok?

No. Go for 100%. What happens if you only go for 65% and miss a couple?

yeah i know go for 100%.....ive studied for liek 3 months im not trying to inch by, just asking what the cut ranges from out of curiosity

It shouldn't change the way you study of course and it does vary from administration to administration and depth module to depth module but low/mid 50s (out of 80) seems to typically be the cut score.

thanks sir, what i kinda figured...did pretty decent on the practice NCEES test, just gotta avoid rushing and skipping over little specs in the codes which they seem to love be the deciding factor..

I think the breadth and depth are graded together as a whole. So if the total overall passing-score is 60% and you get 100% on the morning you may only need to get 10% on the depth.

Can anyone confirm/deny that? On the NCEES site they seem to always refer to the exam as a whole and not so much the two different sessions being different tests to take.

I think the breadth and depth are graded together as a whole. So if the total overall passing-score is 60% and you get 100% on the morning you may only need to get 10% on the depth.

Can anyone confirm/deny that? On the NCEES site they seem to always refer to the exam as a whole and not so much the two different sessions being different tests to take.
Correct. Your AM and PM are added together. Ex. If you got all 40 correct in the morning, you'd only need +/- 16 in the afternoon.

Got 49/80 PM structural..can anyone recommendation any book for PM

I have NCESS PM sample

Excel structural notes

It seems not enough to pass as I need 55 or 56 to pass the test...please anyone can give me advice?

I'm pretty sure will work on AM more. Please advice any the books in PM, like loadings, Analysis, Mechancis of Materials, etc.

I have NCESS samples and excel notes. Thank you very much.

Many people suggest, and I agree, study your ass off. You should be able to get 80-95% correct on the sample exams before you sit for the real one. If you do that, then you should pass. The cut score is both proprietary and confidential.

The environmental stuff is a big jumbled mess for me. Can anybody recommend something better than the CERM for it?

Back