PE CSE Exam Review

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PinoyPE

Ilocano Engineer
Reaction score
Are there any review for PE Control System other than PPI and/or ISA?

Those who took ISA review,what are your comments about their materials.

Planning to take PE next year if approved to sit so I am preparing now.

Appreciate if you can give me inputs and suggestions.

I took the cse PE exam two weeks or so ago. Horrible experience as the isa course didn't help much. The course taught x and the exam asked y..so I would discourage u from taking the course..make liptak books your best friend..both..the one on instrumentation and the other on process controls...they ask u random crap on the exam ...so don't expect the exam to stick to the syllabus...anything is fair game...pretend u are in the oil and gas industry and study about those processes...study lots of sis and Sif..I mean lots...then study everything about control valves and rupture discs...learn about pid tuning inside out..go into depth of formulas for it...know how to select instrumentation given a process...learn ladder schematic diagrams very well...and after u have done all this...prepare to not be asked any of this on the exam...as I said...they ask any crap they want...

The review is good and really gives you the basics needed to start preparation, know the landscape, assemble relevant references and get ready for the exam. It is by no means expected to be a 1 week course that covers all PE CSE topics and guarantees success...

If I pass, I will post a list of references, I took for the exam. Until then, I will hold my breath.

Back