MMA Fighter Helps Robbery Victim Fight Off Attacker

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knight1fox3

Jedi MASTER & Friend of Capt. Solo
Reaction score
Anyone else see this story in the news? Pretty awesome. Dude comes out swinging and just destroys these guys. He makes it look pretty easy. Lands almost every hit too. Good for him.

http://abc7news.com/news/mma-fighter-helps-robbery-victim-fight-off-attacker/224621/

Monday, July 28, 2014
HOUSTON -- A local mixed martial arts fighter is talking to us about an incident caught on video where he fights off robbery suspects.

The security video from July 10 shows two men rush up and start attacking a clerk returning to the gas station he works at in southeast Houston. Mayura Dissanayaka was working in the store and ran out to help. He fires off several powerful blows, knocking down a much larger man with the help of his coworkers. The attackers eventually take off.

"I have the skill to fight," Dissanayaka said. "If it's for a good cause, I would do it. Someone is getting beat up pretty badly for no reason, I would stop it."

The clerk who was attacked was returning from getting cash at a bank. Dissanayaka says he was a national martial arts champion in Sri Lanka and started MMA training when he came to America.

I didn't but I heard a similar story where two dudes broke into a guys house to rob him. found out he was a former WWE wrestler. Guy chased one of them down the street, caught him and held him until cops showed up. funny struff

Back