Taking CA Seismic/Survey Exams every Month!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gt2ds

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have heard a rumor saying that since the CA-Seismic/Survey exams are computer based, therefore the exam takers can take the exam at least every month until they pass their exams and they don't have to wait 6 months for retaking the exams again.

I would like to know if this is true?

Not true. At least not now. It's still twice a year. Only advantage is that you got about a window of 3 weeks in April or October to schedule the appointment with prometric testing service and you don't need to go fly to California.

Where you hear that rumor?

Lungshen,

Thanks for your reply. A few of my friends heard trough their friends, however I couldn't find any reliable source for such claim. If true, that would be awesome!!

http://www.bpelsg.ca.gov/applicants/exam_schedule.shtml

April 2014 Examination Dates:

FE/FS (EIT/LSIT) Exams Continuous Testing Beginning 2014

NCEES PE Exams April 11, 2014 (Friday)
· Chemical
· Civil
· Electrical
· Industrial
· Mechanical

Principles of Surveying (PS) April 11, 2014 (Friday)
NCEES Structural 16 hour Exam April 11-12, 2014 (Friday and Saturday)
California Professional Land Surveying Exam April 14, 2014* (Monday)

California Civil: Seismic Principles Exam April 2-23, 2014*

California Civil: Engineering Surveying April 2-23, 2014*

Last edited by a moderator:
ptater - what do you make of the variable Seismic and Surveying dates? I went to the Board site, but still isn't clear. Do they mean that one can schedule through Prometric within that range of dates?

ptater - what do you make of the variable Seismic and Surveying dates? I went to the Board site, but still isn't clear. Do they mean that one can schedule through Prometric within that range of dates?

Yes sir. As Lung mentioned in post #2, there is now a window in which you can make your test appointment at one of the computer testing centers.

Does anyone know when the instructions to sign up with prometric would be sent out to us? Perhaps someone that signed up for the October test cycle would know...

http://www.bpelsg.ca.gov/applicants/exam_schedule.shtml

April 2014 Examination Dates:

FE/FS (EIT/LSIT) Exams Continuous Testing Beginning 2014

NCEES PE Exams April 11, 2014 (Friday)
· Chemical
· Civil
· Electrical
· Industrial
· Mechanical

Principles of Surveying (PS) April 11, 2014 (Friday)
NCEES Structural 16 hour Exam April 11-12, 2014 (Friday and Saturday)
California Professional Land Surveying Exam April 14, 2014* (Monday)

California Civil: Seismic Principles Exam April 2-23, 2014*

California Civil: Engineering Surveying April 2-23, 2014*

Palvarez,

Based on my memory of the October 2013 exam cycle It should be any day now. August 23rd I received the email from BPELSG that registration was open for the Seismic/survey exams. I believe you could test from 10/16 to 11/6 for that cycle. So 7.5 weeks prior to the first day available to test in October/November 2013?

I think we are at seven weeks prior to the first day available to test in April 2014.

Back