PE Exam - CSE - Controls - Passing Grades??

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You only get a diagnostic report with xx/80 if you fail.

That would be incorrect in Texas. Since soClose69 said his/her score last year was a 61%/69%, the only reasonable conclusion is Texas. That is confirmed at the end of the post.

I took the CSE in Tennessee (first try) in Oct 2010 -then again Oct 2011. They sent a break down showing how many problems were in each section and how many you got correct in each section. I failed in Oct 2010 with 47/80. Not holding my breath for this year's results. It was Jan of last year before they came in.

That would be incorrect in Texas. Since soClose69 said his/her score last year was a 61%/69%, the only reasonable conclusion is Texas. That is confirmed at the end of the post.
Yes I failed Oct 2010 49/80 (NCEES)= 69 (TBPE) and got xx/80 from NCEES diagnostic report because I failed. It is supposed to help you study better for next time. I passed this year with a 77 (TBPE) and pass letter from NCEES but no dignostic report posted on my NCEES site. Don't need diagnostic report from NCEES if you pass. All I know this year is I passed and made a 77%.

Yes I failed Oct 2010 49/80 (NCEES)= 69 (TBPE) and got xx/80 from NCEES diagnostic report because I failed. It is supposed to help you study better for next time. I passed this year with a 77 (TBPE) and pass letter from NCEES but no dignostic report posted on my NCEES site. Don't need diagnostic report from NCEES if you pass. All I know this year is I passed and made a 77%.
I'm such a dope... I didn't even notice I was replying to the original poster.

Anyway... It seems odd to give you the weighted score either way, but only the raw score if you fail. And, while I'm thankful they do, I don't quite get why Texas releases the weighted score, when 49 other states, plus D.C. and P.R., choose not to.

Same story here. TN Oct 2010 CSE score = 46/80. I felt I did better this year, but the test was markedly different (didn't even open the NEC this year).

Someone yesterday posted that Wanda stated the results would be mailed on Monday the 19th, 2 weeks earlier than last year. If you look at the April test release dates, Tennessee moved from one of the last five states to release to the middle of the pack.

I received a letter in the mail today stating I passed the Law Portion of the PE Exam. I wasn't worried about that part of the test!

Now just waiting for NJ PE results...and waiting...and waiting...and waiting...and waiting...and waiting...and waiting...and waiting...........

Jersey is In Thanks Evans I checked the NCEES as you suggested Thanks!!!!!!!

First time !!!!!!!!

I am Doing the CSE passing Dance!!!!!!!!!! down the street!!!!!!!!!!!

:party-smiley-048:

Last edited by a moderator:
Jersey is In Thanks Evans.

I checked the NCEES as you suggested Thanks. I passed

Back