Do i need to do the FE Test and PE test to find a work as an engineer in AMERICA

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FARIS

Reaction score
Forum members All Engineers i ask your advise :

Kindly i would like to ask about finding a job in america as a chemical engineer ? I am resident in Connecticut ,with Chemical engineering bachlors degree ,and with eight years experiance ,is is hard to find a job in the united states of america as a chemical engineer ? Can i find a job in the engineering field before i do the FE TEST for connecticut ? or i need to do the FE TEST ,pass it ,and then apply to a job in my field (chemical engineer ) .

Thank you

Note : I evaluated my degree by WES orginization in america and i was identified as a chemical engineer

You probably do not need to become a PE (or take either exam) to work as a Chemical Engineer in America. Most jobs that require a PE are Civil/Structural jobs, and mechanical or electrical jobs in a few industries.

I evaluated my degree by WES orginization in america and i was identified as a chemical engineer
Do you have any experience? Are you a chem eng? Your last statement seems to say you're assuming that title due to the results of an evaluation of your degree?

As stated above professional licensure is not typically necessary in most chem eng jobs. The level of difficulty in finding work would be based on your personal credentials as far as work experinence and your actual study curriculum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like others have said, a PE in the chemical world is not usually needed. But it is a great personal acheivement and could be helpful to a company that cares about it.

I evaluated my degree by WES orginization in america and i was identified as a chemical engineer
Do you have any experience? Are you a chem eng? Your last statement seems to say you're assuming that title due to the results of an evaluation of your degree?

As stated above professional licensure is not typically necessary in most chem eng jobs. The level of difficulty in finding work would be based on your personal credentials as far as work experinence and your actual study curriculum.
Sir :

Yes i ahve a chemical engineering degree from Baghdad University since 1993 ,and i had an experiance as a chemical engineer for eight years ,in pharmacutical field ,plus production field , i am thankful to your advice

Thank you for the advice

you sound like you're in the same position tht a lot of people are...looking nfor work. The first thing you need to do is get a resume together, then start combing the ads for positions that match your experience and and start submitting it.

good luck.

Back